AVIC411.com

Power interruption during firmware update.

I was in the process of updating the firmware with the micro SD when my friend hits the Star on call button that interrupted the power. The screen just flashes from very dark grey to black. I turned off the truck and waited 30 minutes to see if it would reset. Nothing. I called Pioneer and they said I might have locked up the memory and would need to send it to repair. Before I go back to the dealer is there anything else I can do to try to fix this? First post here. Just looking for help. Thanks!

Can you boot to testmode (i.e., testmode.key file on sd card - search for testmode.key on this forum)?

If you cant boot to testmode:

pull the battery fuse to the radio and/or power harness on the avic and wait for at least 20 mins.

Then power everything back up and see if you can boot to testmode now.

If not, you are bricked. If this was a legitimate (purchased) update, or if it was a legit minor update (downloaded from pioneer website) and all instructions were followed, or if it is still under warranty, you might be in luck. If not, it will be expensive to repair. I think pioneer charges about 200 for a refurb.

Somebody else mentioned that one of the various "repair shops" available by ebay can fix this particular problem. I doubted it, but they messaged one of the sellers, who claimed they can fix this. So if you can verify with the repair shop that they cover this particular failure (be sure to mention that you lost power while the unit was updating and exactly how it behaves now) - then you can probably get it fixed for less than 150.

Good luck.

I am having a hard time downloading the correct testmode files. I tried to download Condi Hack's zip file for 1.4 Base install and when it unzips is asking for a password. On top it states use Av.exe for password, but it will not accept it. Am I using the correct files? I also tried these below with no luck. I really appreciate your help!!

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/Firmware/BT/bootloader.bin

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/Firmware/BT/CK5050P.PLF

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/Firmware/BT/UPDATER.PLF

Why are you messing with Hackmode? Follow pionara's instructions. Use Testmode. Hackmode modifies files on the AVIC. So it is dangerous and can make matters worse. Get testmode.key on an SD and insert it into the HU. If is starts up the maintenance screen, you aren't totally bricked. Oherwise, as pionara said - time for a repair shop.

I believe all the passwords are avic411.

Are these the correct files for test mode?

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/63D21BEFE088433dBE3CF942347464C7

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/164C549550B84211BA8C4B84AC5C0081

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/738AE337FD024201A799B90250D6335A

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/66543C4BA1ED45d0AF57DB70682069AA

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/70560201322534565929232100000201

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/45487613469745412354668745684665

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/BAC66FE457CF4b43B9751BD370C0E8B2

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/CopyTool.exe

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/CopyTool.mscr

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/EC0BD4EA290F47628CE487FB2289AEF5

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/MortScript.exe

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/NNtestmode.exe

file://localhost/Users/airbornediver/Downloads/testmode-1/Utils/

I have a MAC at home and when I download the zip file it tries to open in Keynote and keep getting format invalid. What program should this file be in? Sorry for all the knob questions.

Just google mac zip - you'll see several alternatives. Ive heard good things about WinZip for Mac. If you still can't unzip, try downloading the file again. Funny, its a small file - not sure why it's compressed anyway.