AVIC411.com

App Radio and iPhone 4S mirroring

Hey guys,

I'm looking on a new radio to install in my car and I found really interesting AppRadio2 even without any cd or USB player because most of the music that I listen in my car are from iPod Classic or my iPhone 4S.

So AppRadio2 seems the perfect Radio for me.

I have only one doubt. I saw a lot of people showing on YouTube mirroring function on iPhone 5, Apple TV or Xbox, but does it works with and iPhone 4S connected on HDMI port with dock to HDMI adapter?

If you ask why I need to connect this iPhone via HDMI is because I want to mirror the display when I use Tom Tom Europe apps. I am completely satisfied with this app and I don't want to change it with other GPS system. I know that I loose the touchscreen interaction but this is not essential on car navigation in my opinion

So the idea is to connect iPhone 4S for mirroring on HDMI port and iPod classic on the iPod cable. Do you think it works? Do you also think that other devices could fit better my needs? Because I tried to search on the catalogues of the most important brand but I wasn't able to find anything better than this radio.

Thanks in advance for every reply.

PS: iPhone runs on iOS 6.1 without any jailbreak and I don't want to jailbroke it (I use it also for work)

Take care

Fabio

I think it will work, but to be cautious, I would purchase the HDMI adapter and take it along with your phone to a store that sells the appradio 2 and try it out.  Most stores should have a display model working and should understand that if it doesn't work for you, they will try to sell you a radio that does.  I believe there's a post on this forum where someone does exactly what you're trying to do.