AVIC411.com

Just installed. Questions about backup camera, xm inputs, and update

hi all, I just installed an AppRadio2 in my 2007 Avalanche LTZ using the PAC GM5 harness. While I have figured out ARLiberator and it works great, there are a few questions that I cannot figure out for the life of me, and I was wondering if one of the experienced members on here could shed some light on to what I screwed up.

First off, I am using it with my android phone, so I never ran the iphone cable, and its buried behind 2+ hours of install and removal to get behind the radio. I diddnt really care about that cable, but then i remembered the latest firmware update from pioneer, which my radio does not have. I see there is an "update via bluetooth" option in the menu, what is that for? And is the firmware update worth it? Maybe it will fix some of my problems below.

I installed a backup camera, and I ran the power all the way under my vehicle alongside my RCA to the back of my radio for constant power. The problem is that if I set the appradio to get its input from ground, it RANDOMLY comes on all the time when I'm driving. If I set it to "OFF", I cant manually turn it on to watch the trailer im towing behind me. And if I set it to positive, then I can manually turn it on and off. The appradio never displays the backup camera when I put the vehicle in reverse, even though I made sure to hook up the purple and white wire. What did I do wrong here? And to make matters worse, I have to physically disconnect my phone to return to the appradio screen to manually turn on the camera when I need it!

Finally, I retained my factory XM output on my harness, but all it supplied was a white and red RCA. There are no RCA inputs on the appradio, so I guess I lose on that front, right? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, this is driving me NUTS!