AVIC411.com

Preparing for my AVIC-D3 Install: Equipment ready; wiring?

Okay fellas, since I have finally made up my mind and ordered the AVIC-D3...I want to be sure I have everything else I need on order, so that I'm ready for the install ASAP after the D3 is delivered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vehicle:

2006 Nissan Armada (non Bose & non Nav) factory stock

***I have already purchased the Nissan OEM DD (Double-Din) stereo bezel***

Equipment/Features I want/need to buy:

Pioneer AVIC-D3

SIR-PNR2 (Sirius Satellite Radio)

CD-I200 (IPOD direct connect cable)

Pioneer CDX-P1280 (12 Disc CD Changer)

PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel control for Pioneer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the area where I'm somewhat at a loss is on what connectors/wiring harness I need to buy.

What harness do I need?

Where can I get it?

I plan on soldering the connections...is this the preferred/best method?

What instrument works best for this?

And after that, I'm sure I'll need a little help connecting everything, especially from the AVIC-D3 to the vehicle and also the PAC SWI-PS.

I should be okay connecting the Sirius/XM, CD Changer, IPOD, & Bluetooth. But that's the easy stuff, too. :)

Thanks for any help/guidance you could give me.

Mike

whtcrxghst; Thanks for your quick reply back with the information...I have edited my post above after reading your posts. Thanks again!

Here is the Nissan DD bezel I have:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... 260-TA60CC

So, I take it that even though I have this...I'll still need the Metra kit for my vehicle? If so, where is a good place to buy from? Locally or online?

• 1 month later...

Wiring and OEM Harness Integrity:

Hi all,

I'm trying to maintain the stock wiring as much as possible. I'm using the integration kit as suggested. I'll want to reinstall the factory radio when I go to sell the car probably. I know different installers have different ways of doing installs, but what is the proper way to do wiring?

For example. There is a harness on my Maxima that controls the steering buttons and trip computer (mpg, temp, dte, etc). After SWI-PS install, it is said I need to cut one of the wires from the OEM harness and ground it to regain use of the trip computer. Then program the SWI-PS.

Is it better to cut/ground or t-tap to a ground? For that matter, can I create a ground wire and t-tap several grounds to it?

How would one handle this to do a clean install?

Wiring and OEM Harness Integrity:

Hi all,

I'm trying to maintain the stock wiring as much as possible. I'm using the integration kit as suggested. I'll want to reinstall the factory radio when I go to sell the car probably. I know different installers have different ways of doing installs, but what is the proper way to do wiring?

For example. There is a harness on my Maxima that controls the steering buttons and trip computer (mpg, temp, dte, etc). After SWI-PS install, it is said I need to cut one of the wires from the OEM harness and ground it to regain use of the trip computer. Then program the SWI-PS.

Is it better to cut/ground or t-tap to a ground? For that matter, can I create a ground wire and t-tap several grounds to it?

How would one handle this to do a clean install?

You can tap into a ground wire as much as you like to keep it simple. However, I don't think you can tap into a live wire in order to ground it. You need to cut it and then ground it.

Don't worry about cutting the wire. It's just wire. You can always splice them back together when you sell the car.