AVIC411.com

Bluetooth connection issues - Nexus 4, Z110bt

I recently picked up a Nexus 4, and I'm running CM10.1 on it. I've had problems getting it to reliably connect to my Z110bt. I can pair it OK, and it will work the first time but subsequent connection attempts often fail.

Usually I get in the car, the AVIC starts up, and I get a "cell phone has been disconnected" message on the AVIC. If I toggle BT on the phone a couple of times it will maybe connect. Maybe not. Just a pain.

Here's what I've done so far:
  • Unpaired/Repaired the Nexus 4 
  • Updated the Z110bt from the v3 firmware to the latest 2012 update (same behavior before/after)

The thing that really gets me is that when it works, my wife claims that the call quality is much better than my prior phone (HTC Vivid). So I'd like to get it working reliably. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Brett.

Do you have 3.24 bluetooth fw version running on the z110?

Have you tested it with the stock rom on the phone instead of custom rom (custom roms known to have bt issues)?

I've got the 3.24 firmware as of yesterday evening (thanks for posting those instructions, BTW... worked flawlessly).

I've not tried with the stock ROM, but AFAIK CyanogenMod doesn't mess with the BT stack. They use the same radio image that stock does, they just layer on other bits of functionality throughout the system.

I could try going back to stock, but would rather not. In my mind the enhancements of CM10 are more important than BT, if that makes sense.

Thanks,

-Brett.

I've got the Z110 upgraded to Z120, working flawlessly with my Nexus 4 with stock ROM. I've unlocked the bootloader and rooted it, but that's it.

Thanks for the confirmation that this can work! I was able to capture some log files and I started a new thread over at XDA Developers (here). Hopefully the log files will help someone point me in the right direction. 

If all else fails, I'll try the stock ROM for a day or two and see how it works. CM just adds so much to the experience that I hate the idea of giving it up.

Thanks,

-Brett.