AVIC411.com

D-3 listed on Crutchfield

I just received this email from crutchfield:

"Thanks again for the order you placed on 03/03/2007. As you know, the item: #130AVICD3 , Pioneer AVIC-D3 DVD Navigation Receiver, is currently on backorder with the manufacturer. Because we cannot estimate an exact arrival date, an unknown ETA is listed for this item. We will contact you no later than 30 days from now to notify you if the item has not come into stock. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. As soon as your product arrives and your order ships, you will receive a detailed e-mail confirmation."

I'm starting to lose hope with this order. All other reliable vendors have it in stock except crutchfield. This just sucks!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the same e-mail. I'm not planning on waiting 30 days. I think I'm going to cancel and hope they let me keep the 15% off the other stuff and free accessories for my "troubles" and their misleading original info. Now I just need to find an authorized retailer to meet the $850 price.

Talked to CF; apparently they have "no idea" when they'll get the shipment. I asked "gee, doesn't pioneer give you a tracking number?" - she said no. I find that hard to believe.

It's a gamble; I could bail on CF and place my order elsewhere - but on the flip side, they could get the units in stock in a few hours or a few weeks. Who knows.

Brent

Got the same email... this blows. Has anyone talked to this mysterious Ace character? Since he seems to be in the know. If this wont be in by weeks end I'm gonna just go back to Sound Advice and get my original order. lmao Wtf man! I'll keep all my accessories from CF and just pay the xtra 50 bux in tax to pick it up in person, whatever.

Crutchfield already split my order and is sending me the iPod cable, wiring harness, and mounting bracket. So, if I cancel my avic-d3, I wonder if they'll want some money for the 'free' wiring harness and mounting bracket.

I figure the way they've dicked us over on this, they can consider that a parting gift.

Just to let you guys know. Electronic Express has it for $848.47 and it's in stock. I just cancel my order from Crutchfield. I puchase the wiring Harness and the F150 Kit. There in Nashville, Tennessee and I'm in Atlanta, GA shipping should not take that long. This is just a heads up. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for placing an order with Electronic Express!

Your order invoice appears below, you will recieve another e-mail containing your tracking info when your order ships.

Qty Product Price Total

1 Pioneer AVICD3 $ 848.76 $848.76

Sub-Total: $848.76

Shipping: $20.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $868.76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You,

Electronic Express Sales Team

www.electronicexpress.com

1-888-257-7500

sales@electronicexpress.com

Just to let you guys know. Electronic Express has it for $848.47 and it's in stock. I just cancel my order from Crutchfield. I puchase the wiring Harness and the F150 Kit. There in Nashville, Tennessee and I'm in Atlanta, GA shipping should not take that long. This is just a heads up. :P

Thank You for placing an order with Electronic Express!

Your order invoice appears below, you will recieve another e-mail containing your tracking info when your order ships.

Qty Product Price Total

1 Pioneer AVICD3 $ 848.76 $848.76

Sub-Total: $848.76

Shipping: $20.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $868.76

Thank You,

Electronic Express Sales Team

www.electronicexpress.com

1-888-257-7500

sales@electronicexpress.com

Wow...don't know who you talked to...I just called and the guy told me $999 and he would not match crutchfield. I ordered from ABT...it was $910 plus shipping...I got overnight shipping so it was $950....I ordered from a guy name Marlo...888-228-5800

silkjones-

How'd you get the $900 from ABT? I just ordered from there as well - and canceled my crutchfield order.

My ABT price was $950; I'm curious how you beat them down another $50.

Thanks,

Brent

To be honest, I don't know how I got the price. I called earlier to see if they will beat CF and another guy told me no. I called back to see if they still had them in stock and the guy confirmed. I need a PAC C2R-CHY for my Chrysler 300C so I was asking if they had them and they didn't. I told him that I will call him back because I needed to check on the wiring harness and that's when he told me that he can sell me the D3 for $910. I'm learning you have to call these people a few times because another poster got electronic express to sell him a d3 for $849 and when I called the dude told me no very quick. I might call back again later to see if I get someone else!

Well, I spoke a rep on the phone. He verify the price, and told me their was a authorized Pioneer Internet dealer. He looked up the price on the internet. I told him I seen the price for 848.78. He told me I would be better off ordering it on the internet from their site.