AVIC411.com

D-3 listed on Crutchfield

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called them this morning; around 9:30 PST and they had 6 left. One of those, I've snagged. Apparently it's pretty easy for their agents to know exactly how many are still in stock; give them a ring and they should be able to tell you.

Also, they told me mine would ship out tomorrow.

good luck!

Brent

Crutchfield is the ONE AND ONLY vendor who's out-of-stock for AVIC-D3:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_geto ... ch=AVIC-D3

They need to get their act together...wtf is wrong with them!

Considering the 15% off Crutchfield was posted on 2 large "hot deal" sites that I visit and I know atleast 20 people ordered from each of those sites, I would say CF got slammed with orders. I am going to wait a week and call CF again and go from there. If you are really in a rush to get one, get it off eBay or another site that has it in stock and keep your CF goodies or try to talk them into it once they call wanting them back. I also guarantee that as big as CF is, they are doing everything they can to get those orders filled. Its not like they can just call up Pioneer and have them send a couple hundred over. There are thousands of other dealers and it comes down to how fast Pioneer can spit them out while still maintaining quality control. Sending CF a petition is not going to do anything except hurt your own integrity w/ the company.

Official answer from CS rep at CF

"I have a note showing that due to demand we are receiving limited supplies of the D3." She did not say that they're wasn't a shipment received on 3.6.07, she just said that they are limited supply and that she doesn't have a record of the last shipment that they received.

I got the impression that she was b/s'ing me, and either didn't know what she was saying or that they had received units in and I didn't make the cut. Either way my install is shot, so I'll have to reschedule my time. Just thought I would pass on the info. Just remember that the first part of this paragraph is just my opinion.