AVIC411.com

Best format for ripping CDs to SD / USB?

I just finished installing my z130BT, and am ready to move all of my music CDs to SD and USB format to play in the car.

What is the suggested format for ripping CDs to (1) obtain the best discernable sound quality, and (2) provide the best song/album display information for the screen?

I have noticed WAV files sounding better than 128k mp3, so I'm thinking I'll need better than 128k mp3.  Is there anything smaller than WAV format that will suffice?

I have also noticed that the filenames show up on the screen ... am I stuck with filenames or will they be replaced by song/album information once it is preserved?

Thanks.  John

Thanks for the suggestions.  For my first rip I am using high quality variable bit rate mp3 ... getting around 250k on the files.  Pionara, per your suggestion I'll also try some comparisons with AAC to see if I like it better.  If I do I can always re-rip the my highest quality albums.

I wish the unit could handle FLAC ... it would be nice to have one lossless format that can retain dictionary information (since WAV does not)