AVIC411.com

I don't think the AppRadio map app will do turn by turn directions. If its the only map you have I think it can be useful for seeing what streets are coming up if you are unfamiliar with an area. Try using the AppExtensions to mirror other map apps that do have turn by turn directions. The latest beta can be found here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/

I've reviewed some other map apps with the AppRadio here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35989-appradio-2-and-google-maps-turn-by-turn-nav/

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried a couple of free ones (Nav free & my gps) but neither are very good.
I am waiting for app extensions to work on iOS 6 so i can use the co pilot i used to use with parrot kit I had.
I have google maps but can not get it to mirror onto app radio.
I am using iphone connection lead not hdmi does this make a difference.

How do I install the .deb file would it need to be done with ifile

installed the beta bot still won't mirror google maps is it the lead ?

How do I install the .deb file would it need to be done with ifile

It can be done with several different programs but I find it easier to install with iFile.

-install iFile

-Download the .deb file to your pc then email it to yourself

-click on .deb file in your iPhone email and "Open in IFile" prompt should be available

- iFile will default the file to /var/mobile/Documents with several options on how to open the file. Select "Cancel"

- select "edit" on top right corner

- select the .deb file

- select the clipboard icon on the bottom right then select "cut"

- the .deb file will be pasted in /var/root/Media/Cydia/Autoinstall

- I had to make the Cydia and Autoinstall folder since it wasn't already there

- select the .deb file once in the destination folder and select "Installer"

- reboot/respring iPhone

I did it an easier way.

I simply opened the link directly on iPhone and it asked if I wanted to open with ifile.

Then install & re boot - working.

The only way I can get other apps to work is to enable unsupported apps in app radio extensions settings.

I can then launch the app from the phone and it appears on app radio.

However I can't get any apps other than pioneer ones to show on screen to launch them that way. How can these be added to app radio as shown on Mikes video.

Ah figured it. Simply add to menu in settings doh.

Now just waiting for on screen touch to work.

I don't think the AppRadio map app will do turn by turn directions.

According to Pioneers website video it does:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+(SPH-DA02)

Click the Apps link and watch the video on Maps (or the video about the AppRadio App).  Both show being able to do all sorts of stuff the AppRadio Maps app doesn't actually do.  I just sent an e-mail regarding this to Pioneer - which I expect will be get a worthless canned answer in response.  Half the reason I bought this thing was for that function, which of course doesn't work.

I can get over the poorly designed wiring harnesses, the long boot time, the hanging on occasion, dialing my phone number every time I use Siri, and the clunky interface (among some other complaints).  But come on, the maps aren't even close to what is shown in the video.  It's like they had a decent map program, took a video of it, then told the developers "alright guys, now pull all code that would make this useful."

• 2 weeks later...

According to Pioneers website video it does:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+(SPH-DA02)

Click the Apps link and watch the video on Maps (or the video about the AppRadio App).  Both show being able to do all sorts of stuff the AppRadio Maps app doesn't actually do.  I just sent an e-mail regarding this to Pioneer - which I expect will be get a worthless canned answer in response.  Half the reason I bought this thing was for that function, which of course doesn't work.

I can get over the poorly designed wiring harnesses, the long boot time, the hanging on occasion, dialing my phone number every time I use Siri, and the clunky interface (among some other complaints).  But come on, the maps aren't even close to what is shown in the video.  It's like they had a decent map program, took a video of it, then told the developers "alright guys, now pull all code that would make this useful."

I completely agree with this - was very disappointed after installing my AR2 that the maps app just shows you where you are and nothing else. Completely pointless!!!

^ this. When iOS 6 came the maps app was utterly gutted. Mind you I never used it, but for some reason pioneer decided to make it useless. I thought maybe apple changed the rules on what you can and cannot do with their maps API, but extra mile and inrix both use apple maps and have far more functionality.

Also the contacts app seems to be gone. Why? I don't know but I miss it.