AVIC411.com

just got myself a GEX-P7000 tv tuner off of ebay, i'm going to do a little more searching on the internet

Saying that you are going to do a little more searching implies that you have done some searching so far, which, since you are asking how to wire it, is clearly not true.

Search and you will find a post by GnatGoSplat about how to convert the P7000 for use with the D/N/Z series.

are you the internet police or just an extremely bored individual? thanks for the info.........i think.

Neither.

I'm on the forum to answer questions. But I'm not going to do all the work for you, you obviously didn't search otherwise you would have found the answer.

I'm glad to answer questions when it is clear that the person did search and couldn't find their answer. However, when someone doesn't bother to search and expects everyone else to do it for them, then you get a response like the one you received.

I tried searching for the same thing a couple weeks ago and couldn't find it. Try searching for the model number of the 7000 tuner. This thread is the only one that comes up. Give the guy a break. The phpBBB search engine sucks.

I just did.

I searched '7000', 'GEX-P7000TV' and '7000TV' and the thread came up in all the searches.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... light=7000

thanks for your help and suggestions guys, i'm not sure that they even had internet when i graduated but i've made out alright so far with my searching. what i did learn in high school was common sense so i applied mine and made request on this site thinking there'd be quite a few people owning tv tuners and one of them might so kind as to scan me a wiring schematic since i didn't recieve one with my used tuner. thankyou both for your replies and i'm going to use the information in an attempt today to get some tv going.

I don't know if that was directed at me, but I assure you I graduated high school. Try searching for GEX-P7000. It gives you nothing. Now, if you knew the full model number of the tuner, you'd be fine. However, only searching with the partial number the thread author used just gives you this thread. And, yes, I know what Boolean operators are. I deal with them all the time in logic circuit design.

I don't know if that was directed at me, but I assure you I graduated high school. Try searching for GEX-P7000. It gives you nothing. Now, if you knew the full model number of the tuner, you'd be fine. However, only searching with the partial number the thread author used just gives you this thread. And, yes, I know what Boolean operators are. I deal with them all the time in logic circuit design.

Maybe next time research a damn product before you come here all high and mighty. A quick search of the manufacturer's website with the terms "7000 TV tuner" turned up this:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/p ... 66,00.html

Then after finding out the correct model # is GEX-P7000TV, you would have found GnatGoSplat's explanation on how to do the wiring, all in less than 3 minutes like I just did.

Look, I'm not the one coming off high and mighty. That distinction belongs to you. I was NOT the original poster and have no need for the information myself. I was just making an observation that the thread poster could have searched and found nothing--ergo, he asked a question about it.

There's a lot of nasty attitude from a lot of posters here that can be very abrupt with newbies. And before anyone says anything, yes, my post count is low, but I am not a newbie and have been reading this and many other forums for a very long time.

once again, thankyou for your replies, i appreciate any help i find on here which is the reason i come to this site. i don't mean any abrupt or rude replies to those that are helpful out there. my internet searching is fairly basic and can waste alot of time when some of the more experienced out there can find an answer in 3 minutes, as shown. i learn as i go and i hadn't done any stereo wiring since i bought a realistic stereo with 5 band eq back in 1990 or so. i appreciate the help on this site and have so far managed to wire my own bypass and will attempt the tv tuner with gnatgosplats directions. as was said "take it easy on us newbies". thanks

Kevin