AVIC411.com

Hi everyone, I hope those that have AR2 + iPhone 5 setup could shed some lights on this. I read some of you commented that iPhone 5 + Lighting Digital AV + USB & HDMI get everything works except iPod mode will be grayed out (not working)? And the CarMediaPlayer app is slow...

But on pioneer page, it says iPod mode is supported with Lighting to 30-pin + stock AR2 cable?
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/2013+Pioneer+and+Apple+Compatibility#lightning

Just want to confirm this before making the jump.

Ok, let's say the above answer is YES for all. Can someone confirm if we could use an iPod -> Stock AR2 cable while the USB port is disconnected?

OK, another questions can this work?

AR2 --> stock 30-pin + USB cable

30-pin to an iPod for iPod mode. I'll connect the male USB to a charger to keep the iPod charged.

HDMI, USB & Bluetooth to iPhone 5 for all other mode (AppMode, Phone, etc).

OK, another questions can this work?

AR2 --> stock 30-pin + USB cable

30-pin to an iPod for iPod mode. I'll connect the male USB to a charger to keep the iPod charged.

HDMI, USB & Bluetooth to iPhone 5 for all other mode (AppMode, Phone, etc).

No.

Hi everyone, I hope those that have AR2 + iPhone 5 setup could shed some lights on this. I read some of you commented that iPhone 5 + Lighting Digital AV + USB & HDMI get everything works except iPod mode will be grayed out (not working)? And the CarMediaPlayer app is slow...

But on pioneer page, it says iPod mode is supported with Lighting to 30-pin + stock AR2 cable?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/2013+Pioneer+and+Apple+Compatibility#lightning

Just want to confirm this before making the jump.

Ok, let's say the above answer is YES for all. Can someone confirm if we could use an iPod -> Stock AR2 cable while the USB port is disconnected?

No.

As I understand it, 8.30 is for i5 or other lightning iDevices only and will not work properly with legacy iDevices or any device that uses the 30 pin dock connector. So apparently its either or which would not work in your situation. This is as I understand it however and not my experience.

I also posted a topic about this over in the AVH forum.

I'm buying an AVH-X8500BHS when it comes out later this month, but after reading the manual (which is available online), it says that lightning devices DO NOT WORK with the iPod mode.

It's really disappointing because the iPhone seems to have taken two steps forward and two steps backwards with their recent changes... (On a side note, I'm somewhat thinking about switching to Android now...)

As I understand it, 8.30 is for i5 or other lightning iDevices only and will not work properly with legacy iDevices or any device that uses the 30 pin dock connector. So apparently its either or which would not work in your situation. This is as I understand it however and not my experience.

If you update to 8.30 you can go into settings and change the connection mode to Other (default is Digital A/V I believe) and it will work with the iPhone 4/4S.