AVIC411.com

X940BT - iPad 3 and iPhone 5 compatibility

Hello - I just joined this board and have been reading/searching posts. Seems like people are very helpful and informative here. I want to buy a X940BT HU for my car, but I can't seem to understand the issues with it and iPad 3/iPhone 5 compatibility. So please bear with me if this has been already posted.

I'm only interested in playing music from my iPad 3 (30-pin connector) or iPhone 5 (lightning connector). I am also interested in recharging both iPad or iPhone (obviously not at the same time). I don't need video, AppRadio, AppMode or anything like that. All I want is to access the music and control it from the HU while the devices are charging. Questions:

• Will I be able to use the CD-IU51V AV cable to connect the iPad (charging it too) and then use a lightning-to-30-pin adapter to do the same thing with the iPhone to control the music from the HU? http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=45
  • I guess another option would be to connect it through Bluetooth and use the car charger to power the iPad/iPhone. Can I control the music in the HU through Bluetooth?
  • Anything else I am missing? It will be a major investment and want to know if I should just wait for the new X950BH to go on sale next year or buy the X940BT now.

Thank you very much!

yes it will work i have the iPhone 5 and i got the cd-iu51v av cable and it charges it and works with the iphone 5 and the lighting  connector, just remember it has to be a apple lighting connector... i was trying to go cheap and ordered an off brand connector offline and it sure did not work...i was losing my mind trying to figure out why my phone was not working calling pioneer looking all over online tell i jus said let me go to the store and try one of apple lighting connector and the damn thing work...i was to mad 

Hello - I just joined this board and have been reading/searching posts. Seems like people are very helpful and informative here. I want to buy a X940BT HU for my car, but I can't seem to understand the issues with it and iPad 3/iPhone 5 compatibility. So please bear with me if this has been already posted.

I'm only interested in playing music from my iPad 3 (30-pin connector) or iPhone 5 (lightning connector). I am also interested in recharging both iPad or iPhone (obviously not at the same time). I don't need video, AppRadio, AppMode or anything like that. All I want is to access the music and control it from the HU while the devices are charging. Questions:

• Will I be able to use the CD-IU51V AV cable to connect the iPad (charging it too) and then use a lightning-to-30-pin adapter to do the same thing with the iPhone to control the music from the HU? http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=45
  • I guess another option would be to connect it through Bluetooth and use the car charger to power the iPad/iPhone. Can I control the music in the HU through Bluetooth?
  • Anything else I am missing? It will be a major investment and want to know if I should just wait for the new X950BH to go on sale next year or buy the X940BT now.
Thank you very much!

Or you could buy the new X950BH - it also runs with HDMI and may be more stable in app mode, has newer software and it looks like a little cleaner interface. The only issue is no one is sure yet if Condi's Hack Mode will work on its sofware ( to eliminate the Nag Screen Warnings)

Thanks for the great replies! I'm guessing that the setup above will work with the iPad 3 (not the mini, the one before that has the 30-pin connector). Does it charge it too?

And the price for a X950BH is outside of my budget, unfortunately. But maybe I can wait until they get discounted next year...

• 4 weeks later...

Can I ask a dumb question that may have been answered on this site somewhere but I cannot find it: is there any way to bypass the requirement to accept the running of Appmode on an Ipod/Iphone before it will run on the 940BT? Whenever I start up Appmode, at some point I have to authorize it running on my ipod first before I can run appmode on the 940BT.

Thanks.

SM

There is a function in App Radio Extensions that will auto authorize the App Radio app to run. You have to have a jailbroken iPhone for AppEx however. Details are below.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/

Thanks very much. Another weekend AVIC Project for me - and I thought high-end house audio/home theater was techy - ha.