AVIC411.com

Considering an AppRadio 2...have some questions.

Currently have an avic-x910bt and while its nice, it's beginning to show its age. I'm finding some functions I just don't use anymore like DVD and built in GPS (google maps nav on my android is far better) and have been tending to use pandora a lot. I think I'm willing to give up the built in things but have some questions first:

1. Pandora: can it function just via bluetooth and no cables, or must I plug in the pioneer android cable?

2. My wife and I both use this car, and we have different android phones, me a galaxy s 3 and her a htc one x. I understand I must get a 5 pin to 11 pin adapter for the gs3 to work, but both phones would connect via mhl. Can I use that adapter and still use the one x? I'd likely use arliberator, but she would likely not use more than just the pandora app. Maybe pioneers appradio app, but likely rarely besides pandora.

3. As I said before google maps navigation is the best GPS app I've used. With the normal appradio interface (not arliberator) can I access and use it and does it function just like on the phone?

4. Reading around I believe I should be able to plug in an iPod and android phone together and have access to both, correct?

5. While I will use bluetooth for the appradio functions, I don't necessarily care to use bluetooth for phone calls, I'd rather out my phone to my head for that and not have the entire car hearing calls. Can I make this distinction or does it automatically pair up for phone calls?

6. Does appradio have outputs at all for rear seat video? I'd like to eventually have monitors in the headrest for the kids.

7. Will bluetooth auto connect? When I step into the car will it automatically connect to the appradio. Currently I have a htc stereoclip (a2dp dongle) connected to an aux jack on my x910bt and I have to turn bluetooth off and on each time to get my phone to reconnect via bluetooth.

8. I'd prefer to be lazy if possible, is the harness for the x910bt the same as appradio 2? Can I simply unplug the harness from x910bt and plug it into the appradio and have everything work, or will I need to rewire for the appradio harness?

I don't use it with an android phone, but I will try my best to answer your questions. 

1. No. Audio is handled by the HDMI.

2. I think you will be fine but I'm not sure exactly what the problem is because again, I don't use android.

3. You would need to use ARLiberator to get google maps support as far as touch, but your car would display google maps onscreen regardless. You just would not be able to control it with your radio without ARLiberator. 

4. Yes. This is a fully supported feature. 

5. Auto pairs but if you press the X on the top right corner it sends the audio straight to the phone. Gotta say though, the microphone on the appradio 2 is very good. 

6. No. However what you can do if you'd like would be to get an HDMI splitter and then send the HDMI to the back. Then whatever is on your android screen is on the back monitors. You then use ARLiberator and play a movie. Either that or just buy them two tablets for the back. This costs about the same amount of money and your kids would be far happier with you. 

7. Yes. The AppRadio is far nicer than your little clip. It auto connects. 

8. I have no clue what your harness looks like so I can't help you there bud. I know things like the GPS and the microphone should be the same but that's it for what I know. 

Hope that helped. Seriously get an appradio 2 and use ARLiberator. You will create the most powerful car radio on the planet. 

I don't use it with an android phone, but I will try my best to answer your questions. 

5. Auto pairs but if you press the X on the top right corner it sends the audio straight to the phone. Gotta say though, the microphone on the appradio 2 is very good. 

6. No. However what you can do if you'd like would be to get an HDMI splitter and then send the HDMI to the back. Then whatever is on your android screen is on the back monitors. You then use ARLiberator and play a movie. Either that or just buy them two tablets for the back. This costs about the same amount of money and your kids would be far happier with

8. I have no clue what your harness looks like so I can't help you there bud. I know things like the GPS and the microphone should be the same but that's it for what I know. 

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it, just want to make sure of it before I buy. There is nowhere close by to play with one in person so I have to rely on users and YouTube for my "hands on time"

5. Ya, I guess after I train myself it won't be that bad, still annoying I can't just pair for the touch input and not calls.

6. Already got an iPad and kindle fire but it'd be nice to throw a movie up for them in the back. For two monitors and headrests (no DVD player built in) it's only around $150-200ish from what I have seen.

8. I posted this hoping someone had made the change from an avic to appradio and knew. I don't have high hopes, but it'd be nice to not have to rewire anything.