AVIC411.com

Will appradio 2 give my iPod touch GPS functions?

iOS 6 does not support the External GPS input to the iPod!!! There is a bug that has been created by the iOS 6 that prevents the iPod to receive external GPS signal. Some people said that it has been fixed in iOS 6.1 but came back in the later updates!! Seems like Apple does not care about the External GPS connectivity.

However, there is a fix for that but it is temporarily and will come back after your iPod has been disconnected from the appradio for a while...

• To have connectivity, you need to first turn the automatic time and date OFF
  • Reset the Location & Privacy in General -> About
  • If you still don’t have connectivity, close all the applications and restart the iPod

That will do it! At least that does work for me until Apple decides to fix that bug which is annoying!

If that is convenient, go ahead and buy iPod but I would recommend you to stay away from iPod if your main reason for purchasing it is to use GPS apps.

questions -

1 - is there any issue with my iphone 4s being on ios 6? (i havent installed the appradio yet to try)

2 - if i do find an ipod touch wit ios 5.1.1 how would my GPS work if the maps isnt stored in apple maps and google maps? (just thought about that a minute ago) the only maps i know that has maps stored in the harddrive is tomtom.

3 - will tom tom and garmin work too?

2. Most GPS apps have onboard maps but you would need to tether your iPod to your iPhone. Jailbreak both devices and have no worries.

3. Neither are AR compatible. iGo Primo is and is far superior in my opinion. Also look up the thread dealing with AppRadio Extensions in reference to unsupported apps.