AVIC411.com

Pandora missing in App mode on AVH-X5500BHS

I know that I'm posting this in the AppRadio & AppRadio  2 forum, but since it is an App mode/AppRadio Extensions question I thought that more knowledgeable people on the topic would see it here.  

I just got an AVH-X5500BHS this week and I have a jailbroken IOS 6.0.1 iPhone 4S and the current version of AppRadio Extensions. 

I have Pandora installed on my phone. When I go into App mode there is no Pandora icon. I have gone into the AppRadio Extensions in the Settings on my iPhone and turned on Pandora in the Show in Menu section for Unsupported Apps, but I still can't get a Pandora icon in App mode.

I've also exited out of App mode on the radio, started the built in Pandora source on the HU and then went into App mode and the music stops. 

The goal is to be in App mode and have Pandora play music while I have Navigon giving me directions. I can do Pandora outside of App mode with no Navigon, or Navigon in App mode, but no Pandora. 

Please help. I have a trip out of town in the morning and it'd be great to know what I'm doing wrong.

Please help. I have a trip out of town in the morning and it'd be great to know what I'm doing wrong.

I hope this helps, but I recently just found out how to run any audio stream along with my navigation app of choice, Waze. When I plug in my JB iPhone 4 (wifi tether to iPhone 5 for its data connection) it starts playing my iPod through the unit. Before running AppRadio, I pick the playlist I want to hear or song / album shuffle and then I load AppRadio from the "Mode" button on my X5500BHS. It will pause the music briefly and then continue it once I get past a few "OK" and "ACCEPT / IGNORE" prompts. With the music playing I hit (in my case, the Waze" button from within AppRadio.

I have full music control (ie: volume, seek, advance and back as well as source selection via my cars steering wheel control. Though I haven't tried it, I'm sure the source "SRC" button on our deck will change between Digital Radio, iPod, Pandora and Bluetooth).

I think for you, to get Pandora working with navigation, you'll have to go into radio settings and under Pandora set it to play via bluetooth, not "Wired". Then, with your iPhone connected via bluetooth, change your radio source to Pandora. You'll be prompted on your phone to allow it. Do that and you'll begin to hear Pandora. Then load AppRadio via the "Mode" button. Let me know if that works for you. Unfortunately, I don't have Navigon to try it myself.

Look into Waze though, it's really well thought out and updated consistently. This is what it looks like playing Bluetooth with Waze voice navigation.

waze_music.jpg

Thanks for your reply Don. I found out like you mentioned that I could start audio before I go into advanced app mode and it would continue to play audio when you go into App mode. This does not work for Pandora when you use it in "wired" mode, but your suggestion does sound like it may work using it via bluetooth, so thanks for the tip.

I have been using Navigon for several years and I love many of the features in it such as lane assist that shows you which lane(s) to be in on the highway. It also shows the current speed limit for the road you're on. Today I read some about Waze and tried using it since I can actually use the touch interface on the 5500 when I'm driving. 

Does anyone know why there is no Pandora app in Advanced App mode on a Non-AppRadio head unit like the AVH-X5500BHS that does support App mode?