AVIC411.com

iPhone 5 - Google or Apple Maps With Voice

Has anyone figured out how to get the Google or Apple maps to do turn by turn with voice through the appradio using the iphone 5?  I have all the required cables and most recent software running, but cant seem to get the voice turn by turn to work with the radio, not sure if there is a way yet?  I have to mirror the iphone to get Google maps to work, but only the visual works, no sound.  I tried using the Garmin in mirror mode, but that wont work because of software license restrictions, all I get on that is a black screen with the disclamier that it is not possble to use that app because of the license.  I have motion x, but prefer to use Google or Apple maps.  If anyone has any tricks on this, I would appreciate it.

If you are running google maps using the actual FM radio, then it does try to push the audio through Bluetooth and then tries to run the app radio app every time (you can still use google maps by turning voice navigation off). However, if you are just in app mode mirroring google maps the audio should work fine and it should also work fine if you are listening to your music through car media player (it should fade the music out, say the direction and fade it back in again). Just hit the apps button on the radio then when you get to the apps homescreen just press the home button on your i5 and select google maps, it should then work fine (with no touchscreen controls).

Apple maps, however, only seems to push the audio through the phone, not the headunit (no idea why)