AVIC411.com

Anybody try the Z150 yet? First impressions?

Has anybody tried the new AVIC Z150BH yet?

I've tried last year's model (Z140BH) but it was quite slow and the 8400 model seemed much, much better but didn't have any navigation.

I'm interested in the X8500BHS vs Z150BH.  I've tried the X8500BHS and it's really nice but I think I want a built-in navi instead of using my iPhone.

I Have this installed with Bypass using the x950BT mod. First impression........Love it. I sold my Avic z120BT because I hated it so much. My first impression of the Z150, much better lay out. OS very fast no lag like on the 120BT. I have not used it much to comment on anything else but give me a month and I will. The bypass works but not flawlessly. After installing it about 3 miles of use the screen gave me a warning that the brake bypass was not installed correctly. I just hit ok and movies still work while driving. I installed it on Saturday and that error showed up. Then this morning (Monday) I recieved error again clicked "OK" and everything still works. I don't know if pioneer did something different that after bypass is done that this is going to be the draw back of this system.

Yeah, I've been reading the Z-150 bypass thread and it seems like most people are having random issues like you mentioned.  That seems to be a pretty big drawback but I'm willing to bet that somebody will solve it :)

Have you compared the Z-150 to the X8500BHS?

The only differences seems to be the navigation and swipe gestures (to change tracks, etc) but the X8500BHS seems a bit more powerful.  For example, the Z-150 only supports something like 400x280 resolution videos on an SD card but the X8500BHS supports 720p videos, etc.  (However, both displays are the still only 800x480)

I just got one.  Way better than the 140.  Love the new layout.  Volume control is laggy. Boot time is VERY fast! Bypass works but once and a while u will get a message.  I can't wait to see how the Iphone 5 interacts with the system.  Waiting for a firmware update....  HDMI input for Iphone 5 for video.  Less sources on the bar which makes it easier to navigate. I also noticed a difference in sound quality.