AVIC411.com

Z150BH Galaxy S3 App Mode Issues

I just got my new 150 installed with the speial cable for android phones. I loaded the pioneer app on my galaxy s3 and try to make the bluetooth connection. It starts and then it drops the connection. I have been at this for a few hours resetting everything and I am starting to think my phone my not be compatible.

I have the same issue with my S3 and my 8500BHS...Gonna try the pioneer android connectivity kit with the S3 5-11 pin adapter and see if that will work. I am currently using a $11 amazon MHL S3 cable and have problems with it. Screen goes to static, flickers, then goes blank. Sometimes works for 3 seconds, sometimes works for 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the 3 ways I attempted to hook up the GS3 and run in AppMode, the only one that works was this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+HDMI+Adapter+for+Most+MHL-Enabled+Mobile+Phones/8620045.p?id=1218879413234&skuId=8620045&st=8620045&cp=1&lp=1

The ones that DID NOT work were:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CDAH200C-Appradio-Adapter-Android/dp/B007YCZT58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366422041&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+mhl

combined with:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EPL-FU10BEGSTA-11-pin-Adapter-MHL-enabled/dp/B0089VO86Y/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366422061&sr=1-5&keywords=samsung+s3+adapter

and this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Patuoxun-Micro-Adapter-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B009Y3EA14/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366422115&sr=1-10&keywords=samsung+s3+adapter

Even tho the last 2 work fine with my TV at home, neither would stay connected to my radio.

Hi there - so I'm in the same boat:  Galaxy S3, but using the Z150BH like SCOUPHYND does in the original post in this string.  I'm thinking that the problem here is compatibility.

I just checked the Pioneer website and found that the GS3 is not listed in the list of compatible devices.  I'm hoping that they mean "...yet."   There's probably a leap from S2 to S3 that they have yet to figure out, so for now, its a waiting game while we live with simple BlueTooth connectivity (phone and music, primarily).   Here's the link to the compatibilty mode.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/UnAssigned-Content/Android+Compatibility

I'm going to send a msg to Pioneer and see if thats in the works....I mean, the "Flagship" of both companies should be able to work together in this, right?

Okay - so here's the Samsung Galaxy S3 Answer, direct from Pioneer....

STOP #1 - Pioneer's online support. 

ME:

>>>>Inquiry:I recently Purchased an AVIC-Z150BH - I have a Samsung Galaxy S3
>>>>phone (with the CD-AH200 cable installed) that I would like to  use
>>>>with the AppRadio application.   The system will not see the phone when I
>>>>connect it...but I understand why.   MY QUESTION: The Pioneer
>>>>Website for compatibility does not show the S3 on the compatibility
>>>>list.  Is there a software update in the works for the S3?  So far, the
>>>>unit is great (except for the fact that I cannot use the steering wheel
>>>>controls for volume and phone...but that's a whole other story).

PIONEER ONLINE TECH:

>>>>Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.  The unit is not fully

>>>>compatible with the S3 and there is not an update that can make it 100%.

>>>>If you get the special USB adapter from Samsung, I think it is a 5 to 11 pin

>>>>adapter, you will get the basic functions.  If you switch to Pandora, you will

>>>>have problems switching back to App Mode.

ME:

>>>>Thanks, Rocky.  You almost answered the question.   I wanted to know if an update

>>>>in the works so that the GS3 can fully connect?   In other words, "Will there be"

>>>>an update that will get the SG3 to work with the AVIC-Z150BH? 

>>>>Oh ..and what adapter?  I do have the CD-AH200 installed. But it does nothing but

>>>>power my phone.

PIONEER ONLINE TECH:

>>>>Thanks for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Based on your e-mail request, we

>>>>feel that we can be of better assistance if you contact our Product Support line.
>>>>Please contact us at (800)421-1404 for further assistance.

/END OF COMMUNICATION

=====================================================================

CONVERSATION WITH PIONEER PRODUCT SUPPORT LINE (From my own notes)

=====================================================================

I called the online support line and got through in about 15 minutes.  I asked the technician

almost word-for-word the questions from the online conversation I had with their other tech,

Rocky.  His answer wasn't any better, but he did say this (from my notes), "The GS3 has only

been around a short time.  Android has so many operating systems that its difficult to keep

up with them all.  At this time, I don't see anywhere in here [i think he had some product

information in front of him] that Pioneer will be doing anything for Android on this product any

time soon.

[...pause for reaction.]  Then I thanked him and hung up.

Okay.  So there we have it.  Its obvious that he didn't have the information in front of him.

I'm disappointed that after nearly $2,000 upgrading to this device, All I can do is connect

via Bluetooth.  For the AVIC-Z150BH, the cable is only good for charging the device, and nothing else.

I'm about to see if anyone knows how to hack the F*CKR.