AVIC411.com

A few questions re. the CD-IH202 i5 cable from a new user?

I have just bought an appradio 2 and am going to start the install tonight (so long as my cage and trim kit arrive). I have a spare lightning cable and HDMI cable that I am going to connect up so I don’t need to pull the radio out when I get my lightning a/v adapter. I assume I plug my lighting cable directly into the USB socket on the iPhone cable that came with the unit? If that is the case does the 21 pin iPhone (4/4s) cable end just get tucked away unused?

My other question is regarding the CD-IH202 i5 cable that is available. If I were to buy this cable would I be able to use the native iPod app on the appradio? I know I can go into app mode and use a music app there but I would like all functionality to be there as Pioneer intended (this is what I paid for)? Finally, I have read that using Google maps for navigation on the iPhone 5 the voice navigation comes out the phone speakers and not the car speakers. Would using the official CD-IH202 i5 cable fix this?

I am beginning to think that I should swap my Iphone 5 for my wifes 4s.

Yes, you just tuck it away. The iPod cable itself becomes useless. No you cannot use the iPod app with your iPhone 5 regardless of how you plug it in. The CD-IH202 is just an HDMI cable and the iPod cable with only the USB part on it. Google does go through the car speakers but at times it can be a little finicky. This is a google problem. They don't handle bluetooth well on the app and they don't give you the option to prevent the iPhone from sending the voice guidance through bluetooth. 

Don't swap phones. You won't miss the iPod app, carmedia player is a good app. Your iPhone 5 has other advantages like a pure digital signal for cleaner sound, (the original connector is analog) and if you get  a parking break bypass you can mirror your screen on the appradio. Seriously, you will love your 5 with your appradio. 

That all sounds great. Thanks for the reply. I am a bit happier knowing that the google maps app at least tries to send the audio to the car speakers (I can live with the odd glitch). I am in the UK so from what I have read I only need to ground the parking break wire to mirror the iphone screen. Is this correct?

Off to search for the best deal on an lightning a/v adapter now.

That all sounds great. Thanks for the reply. I am a bit happier knowing that the google maps app at least tries to send the audio to the car speakers (I can live with the odd glitch). I am in the UK so from what I have read I only need to ground the parking break wire to mirror the iphone screen. Is this correct? Off to search for the best deal on an lightning a/v adapter now.

Yes, what doesn't go through the car speakers at all is Apple Maps which I doubt you are using based on how bad people claim it is in the UK.