AVIC411.com

07 Honda Element fitment

What do you think of the Rdx so far? I'm looking to buy a new car in about a month, and the Rdx is high on my list. The only thing that scares me is the horror stories some people are having with gas mileage.

I assume you got the tech package since it's impossible to put aftermarket nav in that thing. I'd love to hear your feedback since you're used to the Z1 and would have insight into the pros and cons of the Acura nav versus the Z1.

will do. I am not worried about the gas mileage. I'm sure its as decent as my sti was.

I played with the navi last night for nearly 45 minutes alone. It is stupid filled with features, I mean its insane how well it integrates. You can speak the phone number and is much easier the the avic. You name the phone connection in YOUR VOICE. the quality of sound is superb. It plays the phone through the front speakers.

Using the navigation is NOT touch screen anymore, but there are probably 3 times as many voice commands.. from find... to speaking numbers and street names, like 1234 main street. and saying the city names not selecting them on screen.

The sound system is crazy as well, satellite radio actually sounds decent compared to the avic stuff. It doesnt sound hollow. doubt I will subscribe to it though. The sound system even has dolby digital.

There is now a info screen in the center of the gauges and it displays much of the vehicles info.. mpg, bluetooth stuff, and more.

But I will give you all a better review later. thanks

Cool. It sounds like it might not be as big a disadvantage losing the Z1 as I thought.

There's a module that allows you to hook an aftermarket DVD player to the navi screen in other Acuras. I put one in a buddies TL with the single DIN Pioneer DVD player behind the glove box. It might work in your Rdx too. http://www.tvandnav2go.com/acura-tv-navigation.html