AVIC411.com

940 with gm rear camera issue

Ok here's the deal. I installed a gm tailgate bezel rear camera and it would fine for a few days. Put the truck (2011 Chevy silverado 1500 z71) in reverse and the cam came on with np. Now it only works when I first back up in the morning after that its just a blank screen. I have the power wired into the reverse light on the driver side and the RCA cable from the cam pluged into the brown RCA in the back of the radio. I also have a violent wire ran to the cam. Has anybody else have this problem?? It's really starting to piss me off. I've taken the dash apart 10 times and taped the RCA cables together thinking it may be coming loose but no dice same issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with a 2006 Sierra. I get no splash screen when I start the truck if the camera is turned on. I get a black screen until I put the truck into reverse then I get my picture. When I go into drive the screen goes black. As long as I don't push the mode button I get a back up pic when I shift into reverse. If I push mode to get to the radio screen I don't get my back up camera any more until I shut the truck off and restart. I have the X590Bh. I have read this forum until my eyeballs hurt and can't figure it out. I have wired and rewired, changed polarity with every configuration, nothing..

I hope the solution is the same for both of us that way if someone can get you out of the woods maybe I can follow. I have done the bypass mod on the harness, maybe that's my problem??

The other problem is I don't think too many people read this forum as much as they use too. May take a while to get an answer.

I fixed mine! Okay what I did. I went back to the install instructions for my X950BH. There was a "trigger" wire, purple or violet in color. It actually had a tad that said it was a reverse connection wire. I connected it to the light green wire that was in a junction box left of the brake pedal. The junction has a black cover with a long plastic hex " push on, unscrew type" nut. The wire was near the upper right corner of the junction. To test it set e- brake for safety, turn ignition on. The light green wire should show no voltage. With the ignition on BUT TRUCK NOT STARTED put the gear shift selector in reverse. The light green wire should show voltage. This is the reverse trigger wire you need to tell the radio you are in reverse and turn on the back up camera. Make sure the camera is wired correctly to the reverse light and the brown RCA connector behind the radio. It now works only when the truck is in reverse just like it should. Happy Happy!