AVIC411.com

AVIC X950BH - No iPod Controls?

Hi

I recently had my brand new Pioneer AVIC X950BH installed in my Scion tC. I went to pick it up and before Ieft the installer left me with a HUGE head ache..

I was informed that I cannot use the iPod functions on the touch screen because I didn't have the extra cables you have to buy for the iPhone5. Is this true or was this guy clueless? I was planning on getting the extra cables for AppRadio next week (already ordered) but I mean I use my regular iPod (non lightening cable) for all my music, usually it just hooks up to AV and I use the touch screen but the guy informed be cause this new model I cannot use the touch screen until I get those extra wires. Does this sound like bull crap to anyone else?

Right now he has me set up where I use AV-2 (the screen then goes black) then I have to use my actual iPod to CONTROL THE MUSIC!! What is the point of the touch screen unit if you have to use the iPod?

Someone please help explain this all to me? I ordered the extra wires online and the guy said he would install them for free, just not sure why I have to have the AppRadio wires to use the regular AV set up..

It is true. the reason why this is the case is because these units were designed for the legacy 30 pin iDevice connections. The i5 change all of that so Pioneer had to develop a work around. You can use the Apple 30 Pin To Lightning converter for now but if you have the other cables on the way I don't see the sense in spending 40 bucks for that adapter when you will not use it once you get the proper setup. And what wires did you buy?

Hey V I bought those 3 cables you suggested for the i5 on my other post. The guy pointed out that's what I needed anyway so ill just have to make do until they come. I love the unit though it's so quick an beautiful I just didn't know I needed them adapters just for a regular iPod that's why I was dreaming out.

Wait, are you saying that you have an iPod or an iPhone 5 that you cant get touch screen to work for... If you use the bluetooth feature you can at least pause and play your iphone 5 from the screen for now... I dont know why you would ever use the AV-2 input over bluetooth unless you are super concerned about the minimally degraded bluetooth quality of audio...

Hey V I bought those 3 cables you suggested for the i5 on my other post. The guy pointed out that's what I needed anyway so ill just have to make do until they come. I love the unit though it's so quick an beautiful I just didn't know I needed them adapters just for a regular iPod that's why I was dreaming out.

I replied to your other thread.

When I installed mine, I had to buy the cable set (two pieces) that has the 90 degree plug that goes into the back of the unit. If you leave the iPhone portion unplugged that is where I plug my thumb drive into to play MP3 songs and MP4 videos. I also plugged in the HDMI and also a USB cable although they are coiled up in the glove box as I am not using them but did not want to have to pull out the unit again.