AVIC411.com

X950BH & iPod Touch Rev 5.1.1 Control Issue

First and foremost I will appologize if this topic has already been started (I just haven't stumbled on it yet)...

So I just installed a new X950BH in my 2009 Jetta Sportwagen - the parking brake bypass works as described; one warning and good to go.  Although I would add, if you have the extra $10 bucks lying around, spent it on wire with the pin crimped on it from Amazon - you'll save yourself an hours worth of headaches.  Anyway -

The issue - I have an iPod Touch with a software version of 5.1.1 on it.  It seems to play ok, but I have no control over any of the play lists.  That is, I would expect to be able to hit the "music" button at the top and have a menu come up with artists, play lists, favorites, etc...  I usually can hit the "video" button, select a video, watch it, then one done, hit the music button and behold the menu that I would have expected.  One thing to note, once I pick a playlist, it is now stuck there just as mentioned in the beginning.  Also note that when playing a video, I would think that I could also hit the video button and get back to the video playlist menu - can't do that either, same as the music when playing.

Has anyone else seen this? Not being an iPhone guy, does this fall under the lines of the iPhone 5?

Thanks.

Scott

When you say the "music" button, do you mean the magnifying glass?  I use an iPhone 5, which I'm guessing is SOMEWHAT similar, but I don't have any videos loaded, so maybe I just don't see the music/video option...?  But, I have a magnifying glass off to the right (next to the EQ) and that's what brings up the menu you're talking about.