AVIC411.com

Z110bt Bluetooth no sound coming from speakers

I have 3 iPods all with Bluetooth,

all 3 connect to the z110 fine, and show playing music,

But there is no sound from the speakers

I checked the volume on the iPods and it is max,

Any suggestion?

I had the unit repaired by pioneer last fall and it worked before i sent it in for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update , if I max volume on iPod and max head unit , I can hear music faintly, along with static which I assume is a somewhat lousy ground , but if I had it that high on another source it would be so loud it would blow the speakers

Does your Z110-BT still have the original Z110 firmware/maps? Just wondering if the BT firmare needs updating.

I don't use BT with my iPod, so I can't help troubleshoot that. However, I suggest the you buy the iPod cable and use that interface - much better sound and a whole lot better user-interface. Plus - you get voice recognition "play the album ZZZZ", "browse the artist YYY", and a bunch more voice commands. And you can see cover art.  And best of all, you never have to touch or look-at your iPod.

I suggest just using BT for phones - and streaming internet audio.

Map upgrades will always cost you. They can be purchased from the Pioneer site. You are looking for the 2012 map upgrade for your unit. eBay is also another choice if you want to save money but you run the risk of getting a bunk file.