AVIC411.com

Hi all,

Have tagged this question on to a thread I created some time ago titled newbie help, but thought it may be better off in a new thread and subject relevant to my problem. So...

Hi guys

I've installed my app radio da100 with the stock cable and have a hdmi and apple av adaptor set up plus lightning cable for charging.

I cant get the app radio application to launch, and looking at various threads I believe its because I need to change my connection setting on the radio from "other" to "AV digital". However the menu will not allow me to change the setting.... The message advises to disconnect device, turn off Bluetooth on device, and select source to "off".

I have disconnect my phone and turned the Bluetooth off on my phone, but still having no joy. The only other thing is the "source" option to OFF, but I cannot find a source menu within the radio settings..Can anyone help please ..?

Yes, on the main screen of the appradio swipe right and there is a button to turn the radio off. Press this then try again.

Ok, sitting in car trying this now. Once i press this the display is illuminated but there are no longer any option to select... How do I get back into the settings menu ?

Ok, sitting in car trying this now. Once i press this the display is illuminated but there are no longer any option to select... How do I get back into the settings menu ?

Only way I can see to access the setting agin is to press the home button and swipe to the settings menu. However I am still unable to change the App Connection Settings..?

You are doing it right. Go out to the car (leave your phone in the house), turn on the appradio. If the radio is playing swipe right and turn it off then press home. Swipe right and press settings. The very top setting is the connection type. Press this and press where it says "other" and it will change to digital av. That is all you need to do.

If you don't have the option to change this either your phone is connected to the radio (wire or Bluetooth) or you don't have the updated firmware installed. When you installed the firmware update did you do both files? One on the usb stick at a time?

You are doing it right. Go out to the car (leave your phone in the house), turn on the appradio. If the radio is playing swipe right and turn it off then press home. Swipe right and press settings. The very top setting is the connection type. Press this and press where it says "other" and it will change to digital av. That is all you need to do.

If you don't have the option to change this either your phone is connected to the radio (wire or Bluetooth) or you don't have the updated firmware installed. When you installed the firmware update did you do both files? One on the usb stick at a time?

Cheers you solved it.

It was because I only uploaded the .hat file. Had downloaded both but for some reason I was reading the instructions that refer to an earlier update which only makes reference to a hat file.