AVIC411.com

new to forum, and new AVIV 140BH owner.

Is there a way to bypass/hack/change this so the nav can be programmed while moving? Its certainl;y safe for a  passenger to operste, not only the driver.

Wondering if my Nav is even working properly, yesterday, i left Phoenix for San Jose. My Garmin unit calculated 11 hrs to home, the Pioneer unit calculated 2.5 hours longer, on the same route. Needless to say, the Garmin was right.

Thanks,

Dale

Is there a way to bypass/hack/change this so the nav can be programmed while moving? Its certainl;y safe for a  passenger to operste, not only the driver.

Wondering if my Nav is even working properly, yesterday, i left Phoenix for San Jose. My Garmin unit calculated 11 hrs to home, the Pioneer unit calculated 2.5 hours longer, on the same route. Needless to say, the Garmin was right.

Thanks,

Dale

Ya think that maybe if you would have searched the forum this thread may have been unnecessary?

Yeah, always better for a noob to at least do a liittle reading before posting a question like this. It would be reasonable that the issue would of been discussed ad nauseum. A logical place to look would be Hacks/Mods.

my apologies  guys, I did read many of these, I didn't realize this bypass addressed the moving question, though t it was just about the extra warning screen and not playing videos while moving....

No, the software hack to prevent the "nag screen" is different from the parking brake bypass.

FYI - I was having the same issues with the Nav and the time it allowed to reach a destination.  I discovered that the installer didn't hook up the Speed Sensor, and after he did, I reset the 3D calibration and now the NAV has been as accurate as it can be.  Note that the 3D calibration takes quite a bit of regular driving before it completes, but it's pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

When a member is "banned", and he just opens another account, then just starts posting antagonistic BS, why on earth aren't you pulling his plug? He is just being a troll. And he is trying to make a profit by leaching off the people who come here for info/help.

The OP asked a question (in the wrong sub-forum) "Is there a way to bypass/hack/change this so the nav can be programmed while moving?". That's one of the most discussed issues on this site. Did you really expect to start a new thread discussing "bypass hacks" here? I though my response was helpful and pointed him in the right direction while gently pointing out the faux pas.

AFA telling people to read/search, this isn't a social media site. It is a resource and a place to find/share solutions. If every noob just posts questions without actually searching - especially when there are already active threads that address that very issue, then it just becomes chaos and unusable as of reference source to those who do know how to search. Besides, it is common net etiquette (for technical sites) to read/search before asking.

antid, I have no way of verifying your claims AFA numbers - it's just your word, and that carrys no credibility with me. I'd guess they are extremely exagerated. Don't know, don't care. Luckily there is a "bozo bin" type feature for this site and I know how to use it. Goodbye for now. I'll probably see ya with a new login soon.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31130-130bt-bypassed/&do=findComment&comment=228963

Is there a way to bypass/hack/change this so the nav can be programmed while moving? Its certainl;y safe for a passenger to operste, not only the driver.

Thanks,

Dale