AVIC411.com

Z-150 update, problems and umm..

My first post here (obvious to some) I've trolled here before for certain issues on customers cars, but never personal.

I am an installer, I have had lots of pioneer heads. that being said when DD was a option in my cars I always bought kenwood for nav and pioneer for single. I DO LOVE THIS HEAD BUT>>>>

Starting with first complaint (i know they are randomly here but there should be a straight up sticky thread on just the z-150/950 )

THE PHONE BUTTON IS USELESS!

Why have a dedicated phone button that doesn't go directly to the phone?

It is faster to hit the home button and phone then hit the stupid button that looks like a phone in the bottom right corner, then hit OK on the warning screen, get to the map screen and then hit the phone button again.

YES, we all know you get the warning screen..... so what, annoying yes, less annoying then not accessing anything at all after adding a wire, not really?

it would be cool or is cool if there is a hack for that, if there is YES please and thank you. ;-)

AT&T Iphone 5, recent calls is only recent if it has been called from the head unit, that could have been fixed in the update but I haven't checked yet.

I updated today and now it seems that the phone doesn't actually charge, it shows charging when in app mode but after 14+ miles today in app mode I had less then or the same charge I was at when I got in the car.

Strange....

I will say that the unit is absolutely fast, back up camera and music work instantly.

Not having music over lay with maps I can deal with.

Not having phone control while driving by the one dedicated phone button is stupid and un-muted music while in a phone call bugs the SH*t out of me, also the voice guidance volume is either to loud or to quite it should have some relation to the musical volume in the car or a mute icon, if its hot out and I have the windows down the last thing I need is my car SCREAMING "YOU HAVE ARRIVED" in a quite neighbor hood.

update, the phone does charge now. it just seems to charge much slower then it used to.

Since Ihpone 5 firm ware update I did yesterday, ive noticed some hanging screens. If the phone is pluged in when you start the car the "ok" button is un responcive for about 10/15sec.

WAY more warning icons and frequency of them, it hasnt changed anything else as far as I can tell and the E-brake and secound wire seem mod still seem to work fine.

My biggest problem is not getting any artist/song info to show on the screen when streaming via Bluetooth from my iPhone 5.

The built-in iOS music app is the only app that shows this. No other app does, not Spotify, Rdio, Tunigo. I've heard that the Pioneer has a slightly older Bluetooth AVRCP version than what the iPhone 5 uses, causing problems with all third party apps. Alpine and others have started updating their radios with firmware to fix this. Hope Pioneer follows suit.

update, the phone does charge now. it just seems to charge much slower then it used to.

Since Ihpone 5 firm ware update I did yesterday, ive noticed some hanging screens. If the phone is pluged in when you start the car the "ok" button is un responcive for about 10/15sec.

WAY more warning icons and frequency of them, it hasnt changed anything else as far as I can tell and the E-brake and secound wire seem mod still seem to work fine.

The phone charges slow.  The lightning usb is meant to power the DV adapter.  Phone will charge faster if you shut the screen off.  

Without even launching the car app, just plugging it in with the screen OFF it hasn't made a difference. it will charge, its just really slow anyway I do it.

Like you said it powers the DV adapter, but (i could be wrong) when the DV adapter is plugged in at home it charges at the normal rate.

I have Pioneer tranning for all new models later on this week and it is one of the questions I am preparing, IF ANYONE wants to make a list of questions feel free to post them here and ill do my best to get them answered for you.

My biggest problem is not getting any artist/song info to show on the screen when streaming via Bluetooth from my iPhone 5.

The built-in iOS music app is the only app that shows this. No other app does, not Spotify, Rdio, Tunigo. I've heard that the Pioneer has a slightly older Bluetooth AVRCP version than what the iPhone 5 uses, causing problems with all third party apps. Alpine and others have started updating their radios with firmware to fix this. Hope Pioneer follows suit.

I could be wrong, but before the update I swear IT had album art etc. while streaming bluetooth, if your main function isnt using THE AV adapter for the ihpone 5 have you tried telling it that it is a 30pin connector?

The USB cable does not power the adapter. Its there to charge the phone only. You don't even need to have that cable to have the adapter work.

Thanks for answering that, I thought the same thing. I also didnt want to talk out of my back side with out atleast testing it, and since my DV adapter is now behind the dash I WASNT IN A HURRY TO TEST!

Have you noticed any difference in the speed of charge?

It seems to me that driving for 30min should charge my phone more then 10% and it used to before the update.

I could be wrong, but before the update I swear IT had album art etc. while streaming bluetooth, if your main function isnt using THE AV adapter for the ihpone 5 have you tried telling it that it is a 30pin connector?

Unfortunately with iPhone 5, the Z150 doesn't even recognize the phone unless you tell it to use the Digital AV adapter. When I tell it I'm using the 30 pin, the radio no longer shows the AppRadio mode and the iPod source never shows. It's as if no phone is connected. I believe with the iPhone 5, it's AppRadio mode or Bluetooth, no other choices.

I can't find any way at all to get artist/song info from Spotify onto my Z150. That's all I want. :(

Unfortunately with iPhone 5, the Z150 doesn't even recognize the phone unless you tell it to use the Digital AV adapter. When I tell it I'm using the 30 pin, the radio no longer shows the AppRadio mode and the iPod source never shows. It's as if no phone is connected. I believe with the iPhone 5, it's AppRadio mode or Bluetooth, no other choices.

I can't find any way at all to get artist/song info from Spotify onto my Z150. That's all I want. :(

GOTCHA! I totaly miss read your post, my BAD! I think it may be an Iphone thing, I use both an Iphone 5 and an HTC S1, I have noticed on some installs that album art and the like would come up BT with my android but not with Iphone.Ill ask the question for you though when we have product tranning later on this week.

GOTCHA! I totaly miss read your post, my BAD! I think it may be an Iphone thing, I use both an Iphone 5 and an HTC S1, I have noticed on some installs that album art and the like would come up BT with my android but not with Iphone.Ill ask the question for you though when we have product tranning later on this week.

Sounds good.  I was actually considering switching to Android just to get metadata via bluetooth.  Just can't give up the iPhone though.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed about the useless phone button. If I press a button that looks like a phone, I epect to get to..... phone functionality. The warning screen wouldn't even bother me much if after it I was taken to THE PHONE SCREEN! Instead, I'm shown the map. Really? I wanna make a call and you wanna show me where I am?

It's getting harder for this thing to grow on me.

im confused my phone button takes me to the phone screen right away.  only time it doesnt is if you havent gone through the maps nag screen.  once you have seen the map once any time i hit the button after it goes right to the phone.  also you can change the volume settings so that 1) it will fully mute the music when you are on a call.  actually gives you three different mute levels.  i personally like a little background music when on a call, 2) you can adjust the navigation volume as well.  seems to me like you just havent played around with it enough yet and just expect it to be set perfectly for you out of the box.