AVIC411.com

Working with iPhone 4s and iPhone 5

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 5 and my wife has an iPhone 4s. I am looking at the appradio2, but I see that it is going to be hard for us both to enjoy it (not at the same time).

I was thinking to connect the USB to her phone while my iPhone 5 will be connected to the HDMI + car lighter for power. That way I hope we can both use the appradio when each of us uses the car.

However, I now see that we will have to switch the appradio input setting using the "App Connection Setting" in the menu.

How annoying will it be to do that each time one of us uses the car? Will we have problems switching?

Thanks!

Very annoying as apparently you have to power down the unit, turn the phone's BT off, and re-power the unit. And that is if it works when you try it. There is apparently a bug in the unit that wont let you change that setting often. Honestly its a gamble to even mess with that setting.

For now, wait. I'm hoping that with the next AppRadio software update they make the transition easier. Hardware wise the unit very much could handle switching between an iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4/4s without a problem because it already does that between an iPhone 4/4s and and Android phone. 

Yeah, I think I am going to get the Parrot android unit, all I want is to be able to stream music from the phone, answer calls and have waze at the same time and Parrot seem to get it right. You don't have to even connect the phone with a cable as it can run any android app. 

Thanks guys!