AVIC411.com

New TomTom map update, and Navi Problem

I was able to get the TomTom Maps uploaded to my drive.  Had no problems with getting the drive updated.  All seemed to be working as normal, however I have noticed a bug in the software and was curious as to if something in my files are corrupted or are others experiencing the same...

When using the turn by turn directions, when you are within the 500ft or so of your turn and the map would normally zoom in to show you where your turn is at, the screen goes gray in the close up mode.  I use side-by-side mapping where the turn by turn is on the left 3/4 of the screen.  The left 3/4 goes gray until it would have normally been out of the zoomed in part.  Once the turn is made the screen displays as normal until you approach another turn. 

I know they took out the "Driver's View" with the latest update, but not sure why the display isn't showing the close up.  It was never the drivers view that was shown there...

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the TomTom Maps uploaded to my drive.  Had no problems with getting the drive updated.  All seemed to be working as normal, however I have noticed a bug in the software and was curious as to if something in my files are corrupted or are others experiencing the same...

When using the turn by turn directions, when you are within the 500ft or so of your turn and the map would normally zoom in to show you where your turn is at, the screen goes gray in the close up mode.  I use side-by-side mapping where the turn by turn is on the left 3/4 of the screen.  The left 3/4 goes gray until it would have normally been out of the zoomed in part.  Once the turn is made the screen displays as normal until you approach another turn. 

I know they took out the "Driver's View" with the latest update, but not sure why the display isn't showing the close up.  It was never the drivers view that was shown there...

I was just reading about this in another thread.  I think you need to turn the 3D setting to 2D in the options as the 3D is no longer available with the newest release.