AVIC411.com

Leaving iPod connected problem

I normally leave my old iPod with all my apps and music permanently connected to my Appradio, but it seems to drain my battery. I have Cydia installed is there any apps that will power the iPod on and off when the car/radio is turned off?

'or' could we cut the power wire to the iPod on the connector and splice to a radio power input wire (which loses power when key is OFF)?

(i just don't know which wire in the connector it is to power the iPod...  But this forum impresses me with it's knowledge! )

There is no app that can make the iPod power on or off. There is an app called plugged in that will wake the iPod when it receives power. However your iPod should not be charging when the car is off. If it is you have a serious wiring issue with your car.

I would love to find an app that would shut down the phone too or at least create an app that you can hit on the AppRadio to power the phone down before the car.  Sometimes I forget to power the phone down and then the next day the iPhone is dead from leaving it on with bluetooth running.

I've heard of Plugged In and was wondering if that would be a good idea for launching up the AppRadio app since sometimes it doesn't and I have to go through the re-launch process a few times on the head unit (or phone).  I also wonder if Activator (I believe) works similarly or not but I've never used either so I would need to research it first.

Anyway, yeah, maybe we could ask Mike if he ever thought about creating a shutdown app from the home screen (if that's even possible).