AVIC411.com

DashCommand, iPhone 5, AppRadio and Charging

I am noticing that when I am running DashCommand on my iPhone 5, connected to the screen of AppRadio (on 950x) via HDMI and lightning adapter, that my phone slowly loses charge. After about 45 minutes of driving I go from 100% down to 85%. I have tried to conserve energy on the phone by lowering its display, turning off wifi and closing out all other apps, but it still drains faster than the 950x can charge it. I am guessing that using the HDMI video out, plus the persistent bluetooth connections for AppRadio and my OBDII bluetooth scanner is more of a draw than is being put in by the data cable on the 950x. Does anyone know how many mA the USB connector is coming from the 950x? I know the secondary USB feed (power only) is 1000mA, but the USB+Data cable connecting the phone may be less? I looked over the manual and I only see the output numbers for the secondary power only port.

I'm noticing a huge drain too on my iPhone 5 and I'm connected to the X950BH as well although I don't have an OBD connceted (I still use my Android tablet for Torque vs. Dash Command which is great).  I do have to remind myself to do a full power off on the phone when I park since Bluetooth is still on in standby mode.  I forget sometimes after parking for a few hours and then the phone is down to like 15%.  I like that Mike implemented the battery percentage on the home screen with AppEx.  It reminds me to do this.  Anyway, I too would like to know what the actual voltage is.  I would love to throw a simple multi-meter on it to find out but not sure how accurate that will be.

Yeah I noticed this the other day. My phone was at 1% when I left work for the 15 minute ride home. I had DC on for most of the trip and when I got home I was surprised to see my phone was still at 1%. I just assumed until seeing this thread that I just didn't plug the phone in all way to get a charge but now I realize it was the app.