AVIC411.com

Appradio2 switching between iphone5 and 4

Hey guys, I looked and cant seem to find this-so LSS-

Ive had the 8.3 installed for my iphone5/lightening connector, thought when I put my daughters iphone 4 in, via the usb and old 30 pin, and restarted system , as system settings says to turn off bluettoth, restart everything for another device, her 4 would work, but it didnt-so i found the latest 8.15 from 5/24/12 firmwareupdate, and did that, so i proceed to plug her 4 in, and it was nice to see the yellow ipod icon pop back in, i can see videos/maps, BUT NO SOUND? If i want to switch back to my 4 , am i not able to do so via the 8.3 update, and maybe use the old 30pin/hdmi adapter? or, how would i simply tell the appradio2 im no longer going to use the 8.3 and keep a 4 or 4s in the system? Or, does the 8.15 work, but I received NO AUDIO with video b/c the hdmi is plugged in????? so tired of this, thought would be able to switch back and fourth, but am leaning towards going back to my 4s b/c i dont really like the lightening/usb/hdmi connector compared to the simple old 30 pin-THANX IN ADAVANC------------

You can use an iphone 4/4s with the 8.30 firmware. You just need to go into the settings on the radio and change the digital connection type to "other". Should work just fine.

You may have messed something up when "downgrading" the firmware. I dont think you are meant to be able to do that. I would go back to 8.30 if I were you.