AVIC411.com

X950BH and Blackberry Z10

Well like the title says. I have used Blackberry for many years up until two years ago. With all the problems BB was having I jumped ship and went to iPhone 4S. It's a great device and works very well with my Pioneer Avic-X950BH. I am now re looking at the new BB Z10. As far as Bluetooth I know the phone will work but what about Pandora or the tunes in my BB music library should I set it up. Any other things I might want to know should I go back to BB.

On page 107 in the manual Pioneer starts talking about how to connect and play and such. They do not seem to mention Blackberry by name although they do with the iPhone but do talk about some versions of other OS. If having it work in the car is important enough then if it were me, before I bought another Blackberry and spend the $$$$ I would get a sales person to bring one out to the car and see how it connects, etc. If they did not want to do that then I'd go some place else and if it does then they made a sale.

I have my iPhone setup for App Radio and all that stuff but still have about 3000 MP3s on my thumb drive to play though before I get serious about that!

Very good idea about getting a demo with the BB Z10

Thanks

I look forward to seeing your responce since I'm about to get the BB Q10.  I had no problems playing audio from the Bold 9930 but I now have an iPhone 5 for the iPod and AppRadio features.  I just now use the BB Bold 9930 for handsfree calls pnly but I can't see why the Z10 would be an issue.  However, Pandora maybe something else so let us know what you find out.

If you are using the iPhone for app radio purposes you will have to also use it for handsfree. Adding another phone for handsfree will disable app radio for the iPhone.

Nope.  I managed to get the Blackberry to handle just the handsfree calls (HFP) and the iPhone to handle the AppRadio (SPP) and bluetooth audio (AVP) at the same time.  I think it's designed differently for the NAVI units vs. the AppRadio units.  (Page 59-60 in the user guide.)

Well I didn't get very far. Went to Verizon tonight and talked to a salesman. They had a Z10 for $79.99 with 2 yr. contract. I started asking about the quality of the phone and problems I had read about on crackberry.com The salesman said its a great looking phone but very unreliable. He has only sold one since they have been out and it was returned. It seems they reboot randomly as many as 5 or 6 times a day. You may be talking on the phone or texting or doing nothing at all and it just reboots. Rim is supposed to be working on this. May just wait a few months to see how things work out. A reliable phone, my 4s, is more important to me that a Bluetooth connection with Pandora on my radio.