AVIC411.com

I have an AVIC-D1 installed in my car and when I start my car when it's cold outside, for the first minute or so, the AVIC unit has a whining sound either from the internal fan or from the disc spinning up. If it warm outside, it does not do this. The sound goes away once it seems to warm up after a minute or so, but should I have this checked out? Does anyone else's AVIC do this?

Same problem here. The whining sound last about a minute and is transmitted thru the speakers. It almost sounds like an ambulance siren. It seems to be from the extreme cold. I'm using back-up disks in my d1. Maybe its the disks. Will try the origionals and see if it makes a differene. Anyone else with this problem? It does go away, but i hope its not a warning sign of something bigger to come.

i got the same problem, but for mine the noise is there and did not go away either, it's really lound, one day the laser stop reading too, so i have the unit sent to pioneer for the waranty, lucky i bought 2 years extended warranty at bestbuy which cost me $60 canadian...i know my unit broke because i bought it as a store display unit which cost me only $520 plust tax...hope it worth it..

• 3 weeks later...