AVIC411.com

Z150BH newbie with iphone 5 and some appradio questions

sorry in advance if this is basic stuff, but had a few questions, and this seems like the best online source i've found so far. i have latest firmware update and everything seems to be working just fine, but just wanted to confirm a few things. 

1) think i got this one pretty clear, but short of bluetooth audio, seems like only way to access music files from iphone 5 is via appradio and carmediaplayer app. seems kinda crazy to not be able to directly access iphone music through source buttons on left hand side of HU, but appears to indeed be the case.

2) when i switch to appradio mode it cuts off the audio source, meaning if i want to use any of the apps, i can only do so when listening to music via the carmediaplayer? so i can't listen to sirius and use WAZE for example?? am i doing something wrong here?

3) i've read other forums, comments about the unit having the ability to mirror the iphone screen and control "non appradio" apps, i assume this is only possible with bypass?

anyway, thanks for bearing with me as i "navigate" through all of this. and thanks to all in advance, i've already gotten some great info just searching around for an hour tonight. 

1) Correct.  It stinks IMO.  It should be a source but it's now run as an app.

2) Turn MIX On (when adjusting the volume).

3) Jailbreak the phone and use AppRadio Extensions: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34188-appradio-extensions-20-beta-full-iphone-control/

I'm using an AVIC-X950BH which basically is the same unit as the Z150 accept for a couple of features, the 4 Volt Pre-Out, and the screen size.