AVIC411.com

z150bh connecting iphone 5 AND older iphone or ipod?

currently using iphone 5 with z150bh AND thinking i'd also like to connect an older ipod or iphone to be used solely as a media player (no phone functions). i have an older one or two around the house and was considering loading it up with my itunes library, installing in the glovebox, and running it directly through tuner so i could access music, playlists, etc. without having to switch to appradio/carmediaplayer (which i find pretty clunky). appreciate your thoughts.

You will, of course, need the Pioneer cable with the 30 pin Apple connector to do this. A regular sync cable won't work.

It's pretty much the setup I have. I own an iPod Classic 160 gig and have just about my entire library on it. Set it on shuffle, and there are times I wonder why I'm paying for Sirius/XM.

• 4 months later...

currently using iphone 5 with z150bh AND thinking i'd also like to connect an older ipod or iphone to be used solely as a media player (no phone functions). i have an older one or two around the house and was considering loading it up with my itunes library, installing in the glovebox, and running it directly through tuner so i could access music, playlists, etc. without having to switch to appradio/carmediaplayer (which i find pretty clunky). appreciate your thoughts.

Unfortunately the answer to your question is NO. With the 150BH its either iPhone 5/s or Older 30 pin device. Two different cables and two different modes on the Unit. with the cables used for the iPhone 5/s the USB is strictly charge only. If you connect a 30 pin device like older iPod or iPhone 4S and below the option for the iPod WILL show up on the Unit and WILL "play" but you will have no audio. 

To ADD, if you use the 30 Pin cable harness, and attempt to use the Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter, you will get the same result, it will show, but will not play audio. 

Hope this helps.