AVIC411.com

Subaru Map Update Toolbox

Hi!

We have a avic x9310bt in our 2012 Subaru Legacy Limited.

The unit came with 2011 maps, which I updated in August 2012 with the update from Navteq.

Thinking that it must be time for the updated 2013 maps I was browsing through the Navteq site, when I came across the 'Subaru Map Update Toolbox'. It's a free utility that one installs on their PC and when you connect it (PC to the nav unit) it supposedly shows what updates are available. There are others for other brands as well as a generic one from Navteq. It downloaded quickly and installed without issue.

Has anyone used this? If so, did you connect your PC to the head unit with a usb cable?

Thanks

Looks interesting... it gives the option to connect with USB cable OR SD Card. I am guessing for units (that are compatible with this service) come with an SD Card, possibly with identification information on them that can sync with said service. The Linefit device is a stand alone, and probably has a USB connector to plug into your PC.

Not sure though, and I dont have one of the qualifying headunits... apparently only Subaru and Linefit are supported... perhaps others through hidden links?

Hi!

I had the IT technician at work give me the right cable (USB Type A connector on both ends). I connected my Satellite Z830 to the x9310bt. The Subaru program noticed that it was connected (to something). The on-screen error message changed from 'connect a usb device' to something like 'the device is not available' when I connected the head unit to my laptop.

So this program doesn't work with the 9310. Glad I didn't spring for buying a double ended usb cable.

FYI

Thanks