AVIC411.com

Problems connecting iPhone 5 to DA100

Hi there, new to the forum. I recently bought my DA100, got it professionally installed, and came home and installed the 8.30 firmware updates. 

I then paired my iPhone 5 via bluetooth (can make calls via the headunit, it sees my contacts etc), and then plugged the phone in via the lightning to av adapter. The phone bleeps and starts charging, and briefly a bright blue bar appears across the top of the phone. But, after a week and a half of trying, the "Apps" icon on my headunit is still greyed out! I've restored my phone (lost jailbreak in the process!), reset the headunit, updated the firmware again, deleted my phone from the headunit, but nothing I do can "un-grey" the "apps" icon on the DA100! This is so frustrating, is there anyone who can help me? Also, the connection setting reads "iPhone-Digital AV".

One more thing, if the HDMI cable is loose from the back, would this grey out the icon? What else can cause this? Do I have a faulty head unit?

Thanks for any help!