AVIC411.com

AppRAIDO 3 & Iphone 5 (Ipod Icon Grayed Out)

Hello everyone, I just had an AppRAIDO 3 installed in my car to be used with an Iphone 5. I have all the correct cables and everything is hooked up correctly. The only issue I have is when I connect the iphone 5 the Ipod app on the radio is grayed out. Is there a setting I've missed? Am I the only one with this issue? I did do a search and didn't find any information on this. Can any one help me with this. Everything else on the radio is working as is should.

The iPod icon is for legacy iDevices that use the 30 connector only. You must use the Car Media Player app as your iPod control with the i5. And I don't know how you missed this info in your search as it is all over this forum. But regardless, good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll, that is lame because you have to toggle the parking brake to get to apps. I would say that 90+ percent of the time I would just want to use the iPod part. I don't want to use Bluetooth either. Also, in apps, if I turn off my screen on my phone, the display on the deck goes blank. I have only been messing with it for about a half hour but this deck is pretty annoying so far. Too much interaction for simple stuff. Maybe I will just make an mp3 DVD since if does not work with a zune player or external USB even though I have an empty USB since I had to buy another USB adapter for the iPhone. Why couldn't it work with the existing USB? Maybe I should just send it back

We'll, that is lame because you have to toggle the parking brake to get to apps. I would say that 90+ percent of the time I would just want to use the iPod part. I don't want to use Bluetooth either. Also, in apps, if I turn off my screen on my phone, the display on the deck goes blank. I have only been messing with it for about a half hour but this deck is pretty annoying so far. Too much interaction for simple stuff. Maybe I will just make an mp3 DVD since if does not work with a zune player or external USB even though I have an empty USB since I had to buy another USB adapter for the iPhone. Why couldn't it work with the existing USB? Maybe I should just send it back

If your not happy with it now, its not gonna get any better especially if you are already this intolerant of the radio