AVIC411.com

Installing a Z1 in a 2007 Honda Element

I have seen some people mention that a Z1 won't fit in a 2007 Element. Is this true? It appears that it fits in 2006 and earlier Elements. Is there an install kit that would be needed? I'm guessing I can find the VSS wire pretty easily, but if anyone knows of anything tricky I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your help!

If your Element is anything like the Ridgeline, there are more than two places where you can tap the VSS. You need to make sure you get the right one. One of the areas I tapped was the in the engine compartment and the speed pulse from that location was too fast. I was getting error messages from the Z1. I ended us using the VSA wire on the passenger kick panel area and that worked. Hope this helps.

The Z1 does fit in a HONDA 2007 Element . I have mine in But there is a vss issue that i cant find the wire to connect to and the one someone has suggested, A18 does not work ! HELP PLEASE PLEASE

If possible would any one have or know where to hook up the vss on a element 2007 I have tried the blue wire at a 18 .

Someone just wrote about a ridgeline kick panel. and works at honda could you find this for me please the blue wire at the a18connector gives us the fault also . I need some where else to hook up

Things have changed for the 2007 model. As the above post said the used the countershaft for a speed reference. The speedometer is controlled by the ECM/PCM.

Speedometer

The speedometer is controlled by the 5V stabilize

circuit/controller area network controller built-into

the gauge control module. The 5V stabilize

circuit/controller area network controller receives

vehicle speed information from the ECM/PCM

through the fast controller area network transceiver

via the multiplex integrated control system. The

ECM/PCM receives vehicle speed information from

the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor.

(It looks like the connector A18 COUNTERSHAFT SPEED SENSOR may serve your purpose.) We tried it does not work I am getting the error messages from the Z1.

attachment.pdf

CW0707201093A-1.pdf

VSS WIRE 2007 ELEMENT.doc