AVIC411.com

No Mirroring & DVD After Microbypass

Appradio 3 with iPhone 5. HDMI cord from HU to Apple AVI Lightning cord to USB/Lightning. I used a toggle switch to bypass parking brake while microbypass was on order. Everything worked good. I was able to use app mode just fine. I also I was able to mirror my iphone 5 on my HU which was great for playing YouTube. After installing the microbypass the app mode works fine and the bypass does the job. However the bypass doesn't work for DVD and I can't mirror the phone screen. Get the video prohibited while driving warning. Help!

Matt from microbypass emailed me back right away. He gave me several things to check. It wasn't some form letter either. Turns out I had soldered every single connection except for the blue bypass wire to white-blue on harness. I used a t tap connector for this because I ran out of shrink wrap protectors for my soldering connections. After further inspection, the t tap did not penetrate the plastic on the blue-white harness wire. I ended up soldering and using electrical tape. Works great now and I don't have to use a toggle switch anymore! Awesome product and great support from microbypass!

hi 

i have app-radio 3 using pioneer da-210 concocted to my galaxy s4 thru hdmi cable my galaxy s4 is rooted and no pioneer app radio app in my galaxy s4 or car key board installed 

for some how i cant mirror link may galaxy phone 

every time i start AR liberator app it well connect for 3to 4 second then it well drop the connection 

i can see my phone screen in my unit but i cannot do the mirror link 

EVERY THING WORKING FINE Except the mirror ink 

pleas help

• 3 weeks later...

Matt from microbypass emailed me back right away. He gave me several things to check. It wasn't some form letter either. Turns out I had soldered every single connection except for the blue bypass wire to white-blue on harness. I used a t tap connector for this because I ran out of shrink wrap protectors for my soldering connections. After further inspection, the t tap did not penetrate the plastic on the blue-white harness wire. I ended up soldering and using electrical tape. Works great now and I don't have to use a toggle switch anymore! Awesome product and great support from microbypass!

So I think I am having the same issue but I believe I wired it correctly. How do you mirror the screen?  What do you go to for this?  I don't have a DVD model so I can't really check it that way. I haven't messed with the toggle switch at all but is that going to be a better option than the microbypass or should they work the same?