AVIC411.com

I already have the PAC-SWi, but is CD-SR1 worth buying?

what do you guys think?? i want the bluetooth buttom on the steering wheel, wut do u guys think

I have the CD-SR1 installed in my '06 Subaru Forester XT. For me at least, it barely worked when I installed it, and now, it's not working at all.

I think of it as the "Nighttime Only Steering Wheel Remote." Whenever sunlight interferes (even slightly) with the IR transmitter in the remote, it just doesn't work reliably. It took me a while to figure this out. Note also that, at least in the Subaru Forester, an AVIC-Z1 installs almost completely FLUSH with the dash face and there is no part of the dash creating an overhang. Thus the IR sensor on the Z1 is never "in shadow" from an overhanging dash part.

This may not be the case when the Z1 is installed in other vehicles. However, in the Forester, I get "sunlight interference" even at 9:00 AM when driving east into the sun. It also happens at mid-day, etc. :(

id bet its not the sun, if so then you got something wrong with your system cuz driving towards the sun should not mess with it. I had an sti, and had problems with the sun only when it was directly shining on it, not any other time. I did however have problems when I wore pants and my leg was in the line of sight of the remote, especially if i sat in my car like a hood rat, all laid back an all.

For me, it is one of those items that sounds great in theory, not not worth 2 cents in the real world, IMO. I had one for two days before I took it off and sold it on E-Bay. I have a 4Runner and with the way it mounts on the steering wheel I knocked it off the wheel every time I turned a corner. The vol buttons are on the back and I would pop it out of the wheel and it would go flying every time I adjusted vol. Just wasn't practical for me.

wow, 10 and 2 is where your hands should be when turning. If the remote was mounted like in my vehicle at 7 oclock and on the inside you should have never hit it. Also, there are tabs that help 'lock' the remote in place so you can press the vol on the backside.

I purchased the CD-VC1 for my N3, which includes the steering wheel remote. At first I thought it to be clumsy, and I too would knock it off when making turns. (I keep it at the 3 oclock position in the lil space between the airbag and wheel.) Now I am fully aware and used to it being there. I use it all the time so I dont have to reach over to change stations while driving, and i never knock it off anymore. So to me at first I thought it was a novelty and stupid, but it ended up making things very easy and simple for me.