AVIC411.com

Apple maps, am I missing something?

I recently purchased and installed an AppRadio 3 with the micro bypass. Everything seems to work fine. I can watch DVDs without the parking break, load Netflix, etc. However, when I pull up the maps, I can't input any info. It just shows my current location. Is this an issue with the bypass, or am I doing something wrong?

Lastly, when I listen to the radio and pull up an app, does the radio always turn off?

Thanks,

James

That's all the functionality it has. It sux, right... I would suggest the apps navfree and waze.

Seems pretty dishonest of Pioneer then. I saw that in past versions you could input addresses and what not, but read they eventually took it out? Lame. Thanks for the recommendations, and thanks vblue42 for the tip.

Pioneer didn't do anything. The reason maps doesn't work as stated is because of the change in map software by Apple for iOS6. Once again people, all of these units were designed and released before Apple made the changes they made in the iPhone hardware and software for iOS6.

Pioneer didn't do anything. The reason maps doesn't work as stated is because of the change in map software by Apple for iOS6. Once again people, all of these units were designed and released before Apple made the changes they made in the iPhone hardware and software for iOS6.

Well, whether it was Apple and iOS6 or Pioneer, they should take down the videos showing input functionality on the stock maps program. I read that with an update of the AppRadio app, Pioneer took out the functionality for earlier versions of iOS (maybe a reaction to iOS6 so that different iOS users have the same experience?). If that is the case, I can see Pioneer getting the blame even if it isn't really their fault.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for archaeology-like revival of this, but I'm having the same issue.

I was under the impression that I could use Google Maps on the radio, and it doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there a way on a stock unit, or do I have to wait for the AppRadio Extensions?

Unfortunately it didn't work out of the box with the 4s. 

I have however jailbroken it and with the DisplayOut Cydia tweak it does indeed work, but it's really quirky.

I guess it's better than nothing for the time being.

Thanks @Vblue42

• 10 months later...