AVIC411.com

Pioneer not supporting AppRadio 1 with iOS 7

For anyone who is still using the AppRadio 1, I just received this email from Crutchfield.  It also notes that the AppRadio 2 and 3 should work fine with iOS 7.

Hello,

Our records show that you purchased a Pioneer AppRadio1 (SPH-DA02 or SPH-DA01) from Crutchfield. If you did not register your radio you may not be aware of Pioneer's recent announcement regarding iOS7.

Pioneer has informed us that SPH-DA01 and SPH-DA02 will not be compatible with an iPhone 4 or 4S that has been upgraded to iOS7.

Here is today's bulletin from Pioneer:

With the introduction of Apple's new iOS7 mobile operating system, Pioneer has discovered an incompatibility when connecting an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S to a first generation AppRadio SPH-DA01 or SPH-DA02. When connected to an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S updated to iOS7, the AppRadio SPH-DA01 and SPH-DA02 will generate error messages when attempting to launch AppRadio Mode, Pandora, iPod playback, or Bluetooth calling. The only way to resolve these error messages is to disconnect the iPhone and to reset the AppRadio. For this reason, to ensure compatibility with your SPH DA01 or SPH-DA02, Pioneer strongly recommends that you not upgrade your compatible iPhone to iOS7 until further notice. We deeply value you as a Pioneer customer and are committed to providing you with the most up to date compatibility information. Please note: AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) and AppRadio 3 (SPH-DA110 and SPH-DA210) are not affected.

Thank you,

Phil Jones

Director of Technical Support & Research Groups

Technically, they are saying to not upgrade until further notice. Realistically, they probably aren't going to support iOS 7 on the Appradio1 :(

I can live with that though, I have an SPH-DA02 and iPhone 4s Jailbroken on iOS 6.1.2 and love it, thanks to you Mike. I'll stick with what I have for now and enjoy it.

Would have been good to has found of a it this before I updated - just crashes all the time now and although still plays music through the unit - i.e. Aupeo! the screen is just black with a critical error message!

What a flippin pain in the ass.

They always stated that one of the good things about app radio was its ability to adapt and take on new firmware and apps.

They best fix it quick :(

JJ

I just stumbled on to a workaround.

I have an iPhone 4s (IOS7) and an Appradio SPH-DA01

1) Open the Appradio version of iHeartradio (I assumed any app will work) on your phone

2) Plug your phone into the Appradio

3) If the app is running, press ok on the "Never drive..." warning

4) My app worked like it did in IOS6

5) Also, you can hit the Appradio home button to scroll through the other apps and run them

Hopefully this will help someone while we wait for an update. If it comes...

• 5 weeks later...