AVIC411.com

AppRadio2 or AppRadio3... or something else?

I like that Mustang!!!!  Yeah... the stance is perfect.  Mustangs are perhaps the best sounding of all the "muscle" cars, and they can be tweaked to run like the wind.  I have a Tuner/Builder friend with a Pro-Mod your body style twin turbo with about 2200 RWHP twin turbo, basically a race car.

66679ff5.jpg?t=1319324006

IMG_3101.jpg

I wound up getting the 2-bezel kit from Amazon, used one of the bezels, it seemed to fit better.  Go figure.  The radio is installed, powers up, and pairs with my iPhone, but thats where it stops.  Can't get it to acknowledge the Apps on the iPhone.  I suspect that the radio doesn't have the latest firmware that works with my iPhone's new IOS v.7.0.2.  The Firmware in the AppRadio3 is v.8.02 and when I went to their website there's no mention of IOS v.7.X but I did see a Firmware v.8.30 unfortunately it said it was for the AppRadio2.  Didn't want to take a chance.

I still have to pull the bezel back off and see if I can tweak the fit a tiny bit, plus we spent so much time going nuts with the Cable Handshake and Apps that I never connected/mounted the microphone or the backup camera.  The bluetooth worked as I got a phone call and it was on the speaker and the radio auto-muted, but I forgot to mount the microphone LOL.

I figure I'll call Pioneer on Monday to ask if there's a mistake we made or the problem is in the firmware.  Hope its the firmware.  Left the USB pigtail in the PS air vent so when I pull the bezel I'll be able to either extend the USB cable into the glove box or update the firmware then and there.  My only dissapointment with the radio was that it only has four (4) regular speaker inputs.  My truck has 2 speakers in each door, and then there's another speaker in each of the back corners of the cab.  I'm not a crazy audiophile, so we split the speakers so the door and cab corners are fed by a 1 to 2 RCA pigtail.  

Tomorrow I'll play with it, learn how to set the clock, maybe install the microphone and camera. -Mike

Your problem is not iOS 7.0.2 Something else is wrong. Check all of your connections and do resets on both devices if necessary. Where did you get all of your cables?

Cables? While I did have the Ford Pigtail that I picked up at BestBuy (IBR-WHFD3) which their installer said was the right one, but there was one already in the truck with long enough leads (and connections to my Alpine HU), so we snipped and match connected/soldered/heat shrunk all cables.  Radio works, Bluetooth Works, Phone Works although I have yet to connect the microphone.  The iPhone cable I ordered from Amazon was the Pioneer CD-IU201N AppRadio Mode USB to 30-Pin Interface Cable.  All the speaker wires were simply plugged in to their respective spots.  When BT is paired, I can stream music from the iPhone, but should I be able to select "iPod" and have it play songs from my iPhone without bluetooth? It doesn't right now.

As far as resetting, do you mean reset my iPhone (power off then power on) and reset the AppRadio3? Don't have a clue as to how to "reset" the radio, the instruction folder doesn't have much in the way of troubleshooting... I can't even find out how to set the clock or change the day on the screen.

Still trying to google instructions on the reset of AR3.  There's stuff on the previous two models, but each AR seems to have a different menu system.  I found a "RESET" selection but like a few other settings menu items, its grayed out and inactive.

Found the RESET selection, but for some reason I can't get to use it.  When the screen says:  "Reset all to default values?" and there's a button for "OK" and "Cancel" the "OK" is grayed out and inactive.  Also, when I look at the bottom menu where the icons are... the Speaker icon with the red "Off" logo is also showing a ghosted "OFF" in white with a blue line under it.  Waiting for Pioneer to come back from lunch UGH.  Amazon is giving me a full refund if I want so I can buy another cable if this one is defective.  They did confirm that it was indeed a Pioneer component.

Mike

OK... I finally got it to show the Apps!  Matt from MicroBypass responded to an email I sent him in less than an hour, explained that ALL AppRadio 3 units are shipped set up and expecting an iPhone 5/5s.  So you have to go into Settings in the phone selections and leave the word "Other" showing, then just exit.  Apps Icon illuminates and gets me to my purchased (related) Apps.

Now I have to learn how to use MotionX Drive GPS so I can enter a destination and tell it what information I want it to display.

Pandora works great, Calendar, and BT streaming from my iTunes also works great.  Haven't figured out Photos yet LOL.

• 6 months later...

OK, this past weekend I took the truck out of storage, been there since Thanksgiving. The battery had gone dead a couple months back so I installed a Battery Minder.  So I think the settings on the radio are screwed up.  Can't figure out how to get the "Other" selection, it keeps defaulting to the iPhone5 when I'm using an iPhone4.  Anyone have a clue as to how to get the settings to show "Other"?  Can't find a manual LOL.

I'm also seriously thinking of bringing the truck to a audio shop to check my install.  I cannot for the life of me get it to not use too much bass.  My system sounded great with my old Alpine, but this is so annoying no matter if I use the equalizer or the settings to try and minimize bass the thing sounds muddy and throbbing.