AVIC411.com

Question, SPH-DA210 AppRADIO 3 and Cables

Just HDMI, the Apple adapter and of course the cable that came with the phone.

This apple adapter: Apple® Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter

Also, to be clear.....the only cable coming from the HU will be the HDMI? HU---->HDMI--->Apple AV Adapter--->iPhone????

according to crutchfield I need the following: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700PIOIPH5/Pioneer-iPhone-5-HDMI-Connection-Package.html

and I am confused.

Just curious if you are close to Mobile? I see that you are in MS......

Thanks

You do need the Apple adapter you linked to. You don't need the package from Crutchfield. You will connect the cable that came with your phone to the USB connection from the unit. And yes, I am about 45 minutes from Mobile in Jackson County.

You do need the Apple adapter you linked to. You don't need the package from Crutchfield. You will connect the cable that came with your phone to the USB connection from the unit. And yes, I am about 45 minutes from Mobile in Jackson County.

I think I have this straight, The AV adapter attaches to the phone and from the AV adapter, both HDMI and the cable that cam with the phone????? The HU has both HDMI and USB??????

Has anyone noticed their iPhone 5 or iPhone 5S charges very slowly?

As I said before, I too passed on the expensive Pioneer adapter cable 

CD-IH202 "AppRadio Mode HDMI Interface Cable Kit for iPhone® 5. Compatible with AppRadio 3, AppRadio 2, AVIC-Z150BH/X950BH, and AVH-X8500BHS."

My iPhone 5S via HDMI Lightening Adapter & USB Lightning Cable connects directly to the USB port on the back the SPH-DA210.  I've been happy but..................

I've noticed that it seems to charge at a snails pace.   It seems like 10 minutes go by and the percentage of battery changed doesn't change or finally goes up 1%.

My old Kenwood unit, the iPhone 5 charged pretty quick.

Can someone with a multi-meter that reads Amps see if we are getting the full 2 AMPS needed to kick things into fast charge mode?    I have a feeling we are getting the low end of the USB spec which will result in a very slow trickle charge.

If this is true, it's one possible reason using the CD-IH202 is worth the $50

(or we could add a separate 12v to 5v high power USB 2AMP port)

Anyone else?

The CD-IH202 wont make a difference. It has been discussed on here before that the phone trickle charges only. Its only enough to keep the battery sustained at the level it was when you connected it.

Seriously???   Ok glad I asked then before I bought it.       My iPhone 5S was down to 3%.   I drove home 30 minutes and it was only at 8% by the time I got home.   I think I'm going to invest in a 12V to 5V Adapter with USB port that puts out >2Amps.   (and plug the lightning cable into that)

The slow charging is totally unacceptable, bummer.

• 2 weeks later...