AVIC411.com

New CD-UB100

I just happen to be scrolling through Pioneer's website and i came across this interesting device called the CD-UB100. It is similar to the IPOD adapter, but it is for those who dont own an IPOD. I was wondering if anyone own this device, and if so can you tell me a little about it or if you are happy with the product?

• 1 month later...

Someone already posted a review and conclusion was: it's terrible.

No, you can't play DVD files off USB. The UB100 has no video output or video decoder. It also doesn't have a high-bandwidth data connection so it can't send those files to the HU to be decoded either. IP Bus is a control bus only.

Someone already posted a review and conclusion was: it's terrible.

No, you can't play DVD files off USB. The UB100 has no video output or video decoder. It also doesn't have a high-bandwidth data connection so it can't send those files to the HU to be decoded either. IP Bus is a control bus only.

well that just ruined my day. lol.

it's all right; i plan to use it to store music only anyway.

lol nevermind it seems the product's not good for mp3s either...have to shorten it to 8 character file names is ridiculous...that's basically old school DOS.

well, time to ask the guy for RMA/return...*sigh* maybe my only solution for a hard disk player is the ipod.