AVIC411.com

Anyone have a N1,2, or 3 in a Lexus GS 2006

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone has installed an N3 in the new Body Lexus GS. I know if you buy the car without Navi, it comes with an information touch screen. Can you install the unit at the bottom by the cup holders and then intergrate it into the Stock information unit. If you can't, what happens to the stock screen if all the radio stations are running through the Avic. You can have both screens working at the same time? Or can you run a different hideaway nav unit that would intergrate into the information screen and have nav that way. thanks in advance, any info helps.

I would say that either the factory screen will become completely useless, or it would work, but you won't be able to use it to control the N3 (I think thats what you want to do). You may be able to get the screen to display the N3's screen, but I think that would be all.

IMO, that car looks too nice and the screen is too big of a part of that space to make is useless. Also, from the pic it looks like the N3 screen will hit the shifter when it comes out.

Do you know if the factor navi when intergrated with the Ipod will show the songs and artist on the screen like the n3 does? I guess I am asking that question for most newer cars stock navi and not one particular brand.

Do you know if the factor navi when intergrated with the Ipod will show the songs and artist on the screen like the n3 does? I guess I am asking that question for most newer cars stock navi and not one particular brand.

Extremely doubtful, unless there's a specific aftermarketinterface for the vehicle you're thinking about.

I'm not completely sure about your Lexus, but there is a way to make it work in other Toyota models with the factory radio controls. Here's one adapter that works: http://cgi.ebay.com/iPod-adapter-Toyota ... dZViewItem

Here's another one: http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/det ... yota-R.asp

If the factory radio supports RDS text, then you'll get artist/song, etc. It's not as nice as the display on the Avics, but it's probably a lesser evil than trying to make a N/D/Z series nav fit in that car. The Lexus factory navi is pretty cool on the ones I've seen. I sure wish I could afford one. :)