AVIC411.com

I find that every so often my unit will go into "updating" and nothing will come through on xm.

Today none of the channels work and when you first boost the unit on it just says "loading"

The connection screen says that xm is connected and that the signal is "very strong".

Anyone else having strange xm issues?
I have not experienced anything like that. When I first installed XM it took a few minutes to update but I have not noticed anything since. I did have a weird issue over the weekend where none of the XM channels worked except for the test channel. They seemed to tune fine just there was no audio. Other than that one time I haven't seen anything else strange.
[quote name="logan0171"]I have not experienced anything like that. When I first installed XM it took a few minutes to update but I have not noticed anything since. I did have a weird issue over the weekend where none of the XM channels worked except for the test channel. They seemed to tune fine just there was no audio. Other than that one time I haven't seen anything else strange.[/quote]

This same issue has happened to me several times where you can tune to all of them, but there's no audio.

Hmmm just happened again, where the unit says it's updating so it removes all my channels. I guess I'll call xm's worthless support center.
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have received the same problem on my two Z2's.
What I do is pull over, turn my vehicle off, and restart.
(Basically Re-Boot the Z2)
It works every time.

What I think happens, I drive into a garage and loose signal.
Then when I start up again, System boots up, XM has no signal until I pull out of the garage.
The "Updating..." starts up, and then it works again...
It's as if the validation from XM is lost, and it has to receive it again.

Reboot works every time for me.
I also upgraded my HDD to Z3, and it does the same.