AVIC411.com

Hi all, just installed an Appradio and I'm having problem with it blue screening with the Waze app, no problem with other map apps (apart from being a bit slow ! ).

The headunit is the Appradio SPH-DA01 connected to a iPod touch 4g.

Software on the iPod is the latest I think at 6.1.5 and the Pioneer's on v2.64

Anybody having similar problems before I go and start reinstalling everything!

Silly question but will waze work as the iPod touch 4th gen doesn't have a 3G signal to stream the maps? I'll try it on mine (appradio 2 & iPod touch 4th gen) over weekend and see if I have any issues.

Just one other a - how do you know what version of the pioneer app radio you have??

Ta

I internet share off my phone to the iPod if needed.

I understand that most people will use an iPhone with AppRadio but I have a Windows 8 phone. The iPod touch works great with most things and I can just leave it permanently plugged in.

Don't understand your question about what version of AppRadio I have. Do you mean the headunit ( Appradio 1 ) or the software version  (v2.64) ?

Ta. I also have an iPod touch permanantly sited in my car and have been using igo primo but since the last update, it just crashes all the time (the amount I spent in total on the app and AppRadio connection, I've asked for a refund!). Hence why I thought about waze as an alternative.

Yes the software version, although as I've got AppRadio 2 not sure if it runs the same software?

Ta

Thanks - will check later. I bought my unit in May 2013 and a great guy at Halfords installed it and he mentioned about updating the unit before he installed it, so hopefully it has latest.

Also i downloaded waze last night but when I select waze from the app radio itself i also just get the blue screen. Waze just loads into the iPod. I had used waze on an older iPhone but that was when I first got the unit installed so was prob in an older version.

Ah well, so I have 2 satnav apps that don't work with the app radio *sigh*

Thanks - will check later. I bought my unit in May 2013 and a great guy at Halfords installed it and he mentioned about updating the unit before he installed it, so hopefully it has latest.

Also i downloaded waze last night but when I select waze from the app radio itself i also just get the blue screen. Waze just loads into the iPod. I had used waze on an older iPhone but that was when I first got the unit installed so was prob in an older version.

Ah well, so I have 2 satnav apps that don't work with the app radio *sigh*

I believe I had this same issue when I first downloaded waze for my iphone. There was a setting in waze that I had to enable video out/second screen/exterior control something like that. It was defaulted to off I guess.